w2013-07-15 fallacy temple clean

by trackregister99 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Hello

I read in the watchtower 2013-07-15 simplified page 11 paragraph 5 this:

He cleansed the temple in Jerusalem twice. The first time was at the start of his ministry, and the second was at the end of his ministry. (Matthew 21:12, 13; John 2:14-17) So the cleansing of that temple happened over a period of time.

The comment is based in Matthew 21:12, 13 and John 2:14-17, but for me the conclusion is a full fallacy and lie. What? we have two cleans, each one with a less of day duration, but the conclusion says that Jesus was cleaning the temple during 3 1/2 years.

I'm sure that is for introduce the subliminal idea that Jesus was cleaning the "spiritual temple" from october of 1914 to round april 1918, but that new "idea" not have the biblical pattern: Jesus not was cleaning the temple during 3 1/2 years, he not was going every day to temple and turn down tables, he only was two times to clean the temple during your ministry, and each with a duration of a less of day.

This is LIE :

the cleansing of that temple happened over a period of time.

If we add the context we can read more clearly this lie and fallacy:

"the cleansing of that temple happened over a period of time from start of his ministry until the end of his ministry".

Not have sense:

The paragraph says a truth:

Jesus clean the temple:

-Begin of ministry.

-End of ministry.

and also says a lie:

Jesus clean the temple:

-Begin of ministry.

-During ministry.

-End of ministry.

The "During ministry" is the lie, Jesus not was more than two times for clean the temple during your ministry. The "during" not have biblical base.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Hi trackregister99 - yes you make an interesting point.

According to the watchtower cleansing the temple twice, once at the start and once at the end of Jesus's ministry, means there was a continual cleansing. You are right, there was no 'cleansing over a period of time'.

Even more interesting is that each of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John only describes one cleansing. So to say there were two cleansings you have to effectively 'write your own' gospel!

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think the WTS wrote this to prepare for the ones who might awake after 100 years of nothin'. 1914 - 2014

This thread reminds me of chapter 28 in the Proclaimers book " Testing and sifting from Within"

Yes they make stuff up

Can you imagine what the WTS gospel would read ?

" Advancin' light helped Jesus clean the temple Spic and Span"

• wasblind
    wasblind

And Jesus was truly born to clean

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I'm going to write a post about this in detail but I want to address this particular issue. This is a case of people trying to write a "fifth gospel" if you will. That is, they're trying to collate things reported on in the different gospels into one cohesive account, and it just doesn't work. It doesn't work because when you mash the gospels together the resulting "fifth gospel" disagrees with the originals.

This is a case in point. In the synoptic gospels, Jesus is depicted as cleansing the Temple at the end of his ministry. In fact, this is the event that leads to his execution. However, John has Jesus cleansing the Temple at the beginning of his ministry. The problem? NONE of the gospel accounts say that Jesus cleansed the Temple twice! The idea that Jesus did this twice can only be derived if you attempt to combine the accounts together into one, something the original writers never intended.

The far more likely scenario is that the author of the Gospel of John, wanting to incorporate the pericope of the Temple cleansing into his work, simply put the event in a different place in his narrative.

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Maybe you are right,

Mathew are knowed as a book not chronological. Then maybe only was one temple clean. I will revise this.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

if Jesus's twice cleaning the temple is supposed to represent or prefigure continued cleansing of the 'spiritual temple' of wt org, then does that mean the destruction of the temple in 70 ad prefigures he destruction of wt? They can't have it both ways with one event prefiguring and another not because it's not convenient to them. Twisting scriptures needs to be done consistently!

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

Loos like the WT society is leaning towards preterism or partial preterism now. THe prophecie sof the Messiah was about the destruction of the tmeple in 70ad see my youtube channel seekchristonly. All prophecy was about that generation, nowhere is 2000 years late rmentioned. He told those people standing in fornt of him that someof them would see him retunr on the clouds in his kingdom and also that they ( the disciples) would not finish going through all the citie sof Israel before he returned. The destruction of Jerusalem andthe tmeple is what all the old testament prophecies are about. Jesus cmae back for his chosen ones and took them to be with him to rule in his KIngdom. What we hav enow is a spiritual Kingdom , not made by human hands it cannot be seen or touched. All beleivers have to do is search for it and enter in. The Messiah dwells in us and us in him we are the temple. All fleshly representations of the KIngdom are false an illusion and delusion to stop you entering in. Your KIng rules in your heart and mind surrender to him and he will revela himself to you . Peace and love. DOnt forget check out seekchristonly on youtube

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

A lie and incorrect is not the same.

I cannot edit my message, but currently I want update my messages for:

Rename the title to temple clean matter.

replace: "is a full fallacy and lie."
    by: "can be incorrect."

replace: "I'm sure that is for introduce the subliminal idea"
    by: "this might suggest a parallel in which"

remove all from:
    "This is LIE "
    to the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit