Shunning family??

by Flg8ter 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

I was just reading and going through the newest “elder” book. In chapter 5 there is a list of “offenses” that would warrant a judicial committee. One of them is continued, unnecessary contact with disfellowshipped NONRELATIVES. It does not mention df'd relatives living under the same roof, which I heard in the past.

My question is....outside of the talk I saw online form the district convention, is there ANYTHING written in letters, or anything about a shift to completely shun family? Cause from the elder book, it clearly says nonrelatives.

Little about me.......a few in my family are either df'd or faded.......I'm inactive....woke up a couple years ago, but due to my wife, parents......can't make the total break yet. And the thing is......i stopped turning my back to my family that are out. I feel TERRIBLE for the past.....how I treated them cause of pressure from the extremists in my fam. That's not love and I made peace with them, asked for forgiveness and the bonds with all the ones I love are growing back.

Anyways....there's inconsistency with df'd family......just wondering if there are any elders lurking that know anything......

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm not an elder, but the 2013 January WT talked about not even emailing these ones. Compare that with the jw.org website which states Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT shun.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

G.S. A quote would be appreciated.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Not sure how to get quotes added. It's quickly found under the search or even google jw org do witnesses shun?

There's a thread from back when the WT Jan 15' 2013 came out on here, but I'm sorry I can't seem to get it added. Also, still available on jw.org.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Several years since an elder, however, in the past it was a matter of conscience when associating with DF family (not in the same household). Elders were told it was a family matter and stay out of it. Only consequence could be that one could be determined to no longer qualify for "privleges" in the Cong, so a person known to be associating "needlessly" with DF family could possibly be removed or not appointed as Elder/MS/Pioneer.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit