Isn't/ wasn't Pam Grier a JW?

by WildHorses 8 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

If I remember correctly, I think I was told that she was a JW. Isn't she the same actress that played a cop and said.......Gotcha!?

Just wondering since she is on a movie I'm watching on ppv called Bones.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

That would be her. I believe she's mentioned in Barbara harrison's book 'visions of glory'; text on Randy's site.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

ooppss...nope...I'm thinking Theresa Graves. So soddy..

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thanks Dung. I found this article on Theresa. I was told she left the show when she became a JW because on the show she had to carry a gun. http://www.femalemuscle.com/afterhours/dream/graves.html

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • neyank
    neyank

Remind me please.

Who is Pam Grier and what shows did she play on?

I keep thinking of the actress that played Mindy
    on Mork and Mindy.

Definately one of the funnier shows.

neyank

• Sunflower1982
    Sunflower1982

Pam Grier is best know for her roles as Foxy Brown (a woman who would be considered BAD ASSOCIATION by any JWs standards). If she was a JW, she was probably disfellowshipped after this role.

• Mulan
    Mulan

There was a sister in our area, who was Pam Grier's sister. Maybe that's it.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi Sunflower, from what I was told, she left the show when she started studying to become a witness.

Lilacs

• Sabine
    Sabine

I had an interesting experience with Ms. Graves at a district convention. She followed me into the ladies room and threw a note at me over the door. It said that my dress was not "modest" and was "attention getting". My sister-in-law said that she had noticed everytime I walked to the food stand I was working at, Ms. Grave's husband stared at me...I wrote her a note back and said my husband (an elder) and father-in-law (the PO) didn't think there was anything wrong with my outfit. Also, what if I was a newly intereted person? Shouldn't she have talked to me face-to-face, in a more loving manner? What a jerk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit