Who Really Are True Christians?

by The Searcher 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Well, since the WTBTS "litter-ature" has informed people almost 4000 times about "true Christian/s", then it would appear that they must be the assigned experts to judge any hypocritical "wolves in sheep's clothing".

Thank goodness the Bible confirms that the FDS has been given the privilege to say who is or isn't a Christian!

2 Corinthians 5:10 says (probably in the New version of the NWT) "For we must all be made manifest before the judgment seat of the Governing Body, that each one may get his award for the things done through the body, according to the things he has practiced, whether it is good or vile."

Or in simple terms, it's like saying to Christ, "Don't worry yourself, we'll do the judging for you!!".

• Rose Mary
    Rose Mary

According to Theophilus, 2 nd C Bishop of Antioch, Christians were called Christians, because they anointed themselves with oil (THEOPHILUS TO AUTOLYCUS (Book I). Interestingly,

Apostle Paul contrasted Jews (not christians) with the Gentiles.--Romans 2:17

Apostle John too uses the word Jews (not Christians).—Revelation 2:9

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I always thought that Christians were CHRISTIANS because they had the church of Christ. They worshipped the Christ the same as the Father.

Something about the name of Jesus being above any other name.

Think I read that somewhere......not in The Watchtower or Awake though..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What, or who, are False Christians ? I am confused, surely if you follow the teaching of Jesus, you are a christian, it really doesn't matter which of the 41,000 sects you belong to, at least, only according to the other 40,999.

• Sofi
    Sofi

If you can really get to figure it out, please, let me know... I'm in search for it, if it even exists.

• ingimar
    ingimar

There is no such thing!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right. No church saves. It's not what church one belongs to; it's whether or not one knows Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.

JWs are organizational exclusivists. One must belong to an organization to be saved.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Jesus saves independent of any visible organization. He knows the heart. He paid the price. He opens His arms to sinners and rescues from sin and death.

Sectarian organizations like the WTBTS just get in the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit