Some Things Would-be Shunners Need To Think About

by metatron 9 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

So, you ( Mr. or Ms. Hyperloyal Witness) decide to succumb to cult peer pressure and shun me, your relative or friend.

Need a ride to the airport? Tough sh*t, pal.

Does your car need a 'jump' at 7am? Call triple A.

Worried about dying alone? Keep worrying.

Wanna see your grandkids? Play that Harry Chapin song, "Cats in the Cradle". Enjoy.

Oh, and by the way..... we're telling our kids to stay away from hateful religions that break up families. Sorry, Jimmy, Grandpa loves Jehovah more than you. And us. That's the it is.

And the really big ones...

Need a kidney? A bone marrow transplant? Boy, that resurrection hope is great, huh?

Stuck in a nursing home? Paralyzed in an accident? Lemme tell you my accumulated stories about active, zealous Witnesses who wouldn't take their disabled relatives in - or even bother visiting them. Let me tell you about the "I have to go out in service, so I can't ..." excuse. It works great! It even works fending off a poor brother struggling to install a furnace in his freezing house on Saturday ( magazine day).

And while we're at it, let me further tell you about loving, compassionate people I've met - who happened to be drug dependent, or belonged to a 'false religion' or who were homosexual -who also slaved and sacrificed themselves to take care of a loved one in need.

You think the 'friends' in your congregation will pick up the slack if you fall into need? Really? They get bored of such activity real quick. Putting in fake hours in a fake ministry is so much easier.

Shunning is a two edged sword. Do you want to be on the wrong side of it?

metatron

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Many JWs practise "selective shunning" for these and similar reasons.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Can I get an AMEN!!??

Lol

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Gosh, Meta; don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

You are dead on.

Especially about the jump start.

I was a target about 2 weeks ago, and my car wouldn't start. I swear to you I see a "brother"walking to his car, he sees me and make a quick left. I call out his name and ask for a jump. He keeps walking away and eventually heads back into the store.

• Mum
    Mum

Your boss at work may be an "apostate." You don't need this crappy job, do you? "Jehovah" will make everything fall from the sky for you.

Your child's teacher or doctor may be an "apostate." Well, you'll have to move to a neighborhood and find a substandard pediatrician.

The person who helps you at the DMV may be an "apostate." You don't want that registration renewed anyway, do you? Better to drive illegally.

Your mechanic or other service provider may be an "apostate." You can find another mechanic, no matter the effect on your vehicle.

OMG, we're everywhere!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great points, metatron. You've really highlighted yet more reasons why coerced, institutionalized shunning is wrong.

See this thread where JWN member confusedandalone relates how his parents and brother are pressuring him to loan/give his parents $10,000 soon before his inevitable DF'ing because they won't be able to talk to him afterwards!

Another story... possibly final story

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

METATRON:

Yes, ain't it the truth! All the things you mentioned are unpleasant scenarios that Witnesses don't think about while they are on their high horse! These fools think their phoney brotherhood is going to kick in when THEY want it to. As another poster mentioned, this drama is playing out for CONFUSEDANDALONE.

The thing that JWs forget is that the "shunned" ex-JWs move on and in many cases, such as myself, don't want to be bothered by JWs and don't miss them.

The last thing ex-JWs would want is for JWs to feign a sudden "interest" in us because they have a hard-luck story and want money. Sorry, Sis/Bro, but you had better look elsewhere!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Thanks Metatron, you are 100% correct. I have been having a progressive conversation with my wife about our families. Family on my side: we have an aging Mother that I expect that the Bethelite Brother and the "Sponge off Mother" Brother who is living in her house and unemployed will eventually call to insist that I help monetarily. I expect perhaps a few catchup calls to soften things up and then they will go for my bank account.

After reading the experience of Confusedandalone and this thread, there is not much discussion. If my mom would ever return my calls, things might be different. If there were any type of botched familial relationship with my mother things might be different. But she chooses to tow the party line of JW's even encouraging the body of elders to pursue different benign family members for apostasy that have been inactive for over 25 years.

Interesting that the basic bible principles of love for a stranger on a street are not even applied in a witness family if some chose not to continue drinking the cool aid.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Metatron! get it ON...shake 'em up...wake 'em up... don't ever stop til the WT drops. It can happen any day... til then.... keep BLASTING away!!!

insot4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit