Special Pioneers in 'Third World' Countries

by A question 2 Replies latest jw friends

• A question
    A question

I have heard that the allowance for special pioneers in poor, third world countries is enough that they actually have a standard of living or income higher than many in the general population around them. (Not that they need to be as poor as everyone else though, that would not help them get those hours in either.)

Has anyone else heard of or seen this? Anyone can elaborate.

• sir82
    sir82

I know of a missionary couple in 3rd world Latin American country whose missionary home was a multi-story stone house in a gated community, and was far superior to the tin hovels surrounding that gated community.

I think the Society spends enough to keep the missionaries out of abject poverty, but it's certainly not a glamourous life.

Now, if those missionaries have millionaire parents, who pay for their vacations, cable TV, internet, etc., that's a whole 'nother story....

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

I knew a missionary personally in India who lived in a 4 bedroom house in a very posh locality with his old mum, which was rented out to him as much as i was earning in 3 months. Was driving a car for 'accomplishing God's work' and we did not have money to get even a Bike. He was house hunting when our congo split up and approached me for a house to rent. When asked why he needs that big house, he said, his mum doesnt like dirty locality and she always needs a big well furnished house... Aaarrrrgggggggggghhhh!!!! So different from what Jesus taught! Such blood sucking leeches!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit