Babylon resurrected?

by rhodesboy 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

Here is a link to an earlier post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/242210/1/Why-is-the-Harlot-not-in-the-lake-of-Fire

It's been some time since I last posted. My question that I posed on this forum was answered by a relative who happens to be an elder. To paraphrase in his opinion, all who die during the demise of Babylon the Great who are not true Christians plunge into the lake of fire and sulphur - the eternal second death! He feels that God is in control from the start of the Great Tribulation and therefore everyone (except true Christians) deemed worthy of death is judged for good.

I disagree.

The Governing Body recently published articles that support my opinion that people who die for whatever reason (natural or unnatural) during the ravaging of the Harlot may have the hope of a resurrection. They don't state this outright but here are the relevant highlights:

July 15 2013 Watchtower - "TELL US, WHEN WILL THESE THINGS BE?"

12 Jesus' prophecy about the last days

reveals that he will for the very first time

act as Judge of all nations after the destruction

of false religion . As mentioned

in paragraph 8, some of the events that

will occur during that time are recorded

at Matthew 24:30, 31. When you examine

those verses, you will note that Jesus

there foretells events that are similar

to the ones he mentions in the parable

of the sheep and the goats. For example,

the Son of man comes with glory

and with angels; all tribes and nations

are gathered; those judged as sheep

"lift [their] heads up" because "everlasting

life" awaits them.[4] Those judged as

goats "beat themselves in lamentation,"

realizing that "everlasting cutting-off"

awaits them .-Matt. 25:31-33, 46.

Jesus is judging the living not the dead but wait there is more...

July 15 2013 Watchtower - "LOOK! I AM WITH YOU ALL THE DAYS"

14 During the great tribulation, after

all organized false religion has been destroyed,

former adherents will run for

cover but will find no secure place to

hide . (Luke 23:30; Rev. 6:15-17) Then, realizing

that there is no escape from destruction,

they will weep in desperation

and 'gnash their teeth' in anger. As Jesus

foretells in his prophecy about the great

tribulation, at that dark moment, they

"will beat themselves in lamentation."[5]

-Matt. 24:30; Rev. 1:7.

15 Fourth, pitched into the furnace.

What will happen to the bundles of

weeds? The angels "will pitch them into

the fiery furnace." (Matt. 13:42) That

means complete destruction. Hence,

those former adherents of false religious

organizations will be destroyed during

the final part of the great tribulation, Armageddon. -

Mal. 4:1.

It's clear to me that this hope has a leg to stand on. The second death is reserved for those who die during Armaggedon - the 'interval' alluded to by the Governing Body between the Harlot's demise and Armageddon is when Jesus apparently separates the sheep from the goats. Therefore in my opinion once the 'interval' has started - everyone who dies from that point on will be judged as worthy of the lake of fire and sulphur. Yes the article does not mention the fate of those who die before the separating of the sheep occurs but in my opinion they have said enough.

Your thoughts are most welcome.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

What the GB says???

Oh please.

Pull my finger!!

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

Strictly for theologists

• prologos
    prologos

par. 14: religion is destroyed but not its adherents?

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

You can destroy temples not faith. Is it so hard to believe that people when confronted with adversity recoil in fear? Peter did just that when he denied Jesus. Its likely people will do that when the Harlot falls before the beast.

PS - The cry of 'peace and security' discussed in the November 15th Watchtower that precipitates the demise of the Harlot will happen after a global war.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Having studied and made lots of projects on the GT and the Big A when I was in I always understood that during the GT some of JW's would fall in death but as a whole the organisation would survive...thus those who did die during the GT would be resurrected quite soon after the Big A had ended.

But recent articles point to the scripture that says that he who endures to the end is the one that will be saved and the GB say the end starts with the GT which indicates that not one JW would die during the GT which then makes any trial during it pointless.

Now that I am out there is simply too little detail in the bible to get any detail and therefore the GB are making it up...

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

The society's current stance is that those who die during the great trib will get a ressurection but those killed during the big A will not.

It was covered in a QFR about 5 years ago, I think in the WT issue that changed an 'understanding'. I remember being on the ministry with an old sister talking about the change. She was absolutely convinced this new thought was an expression of God's love.

I'd look up the ref for you, but I've deleted the WT library from my machine. I'm over applied mythology.

• Gypsy Kenite
    Gypsy Kenite

Women or Babylon who siting on wild animal is about religion only? Isn't that about Authority and Power too?

• Gypsy Kenite
    Gypsy Kenite

Abraham when he left Shinar or Sumer many Hebrew stayed in that place. What happened to them became Babylonians? Where are they today? Pretending to be Jews? Isn't Jewish elite rulling in Amerika? AREN'T THEY Babylonians?

• rhodesboy
    rhodesboy

If anyone can find that QFR reference regarding the Great Tribulation - would appreciate that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit