untitled

by ctrwtf 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Props to Raypublisher for starting a thread in "beliefs" re the Revelation book. I didn't want to hijack it because my remembrance of this tome of wisdom has not so much to do with specific content. Rather, thinking about the Revelation book brought about a flashback of having to conduct the book study.

It's hard to describe the feeling of remorse and sense of time wasted in the Borg. But remembering conducting the BS, (isn't that a coincidence) brings about what is commonly known today as the douche chills. After reading the utterly inane paragraph, you ask the question. What does the locust army represent? Silence.....................So what does the locust army represent? Finally someone would read the sentence that was just read and we could go on. Blecch!

Nevermind the fact that the so called locust army was the stinging message of the JW's In reality most people when asked today about the Jehovah's witnesses would ask, Jehovah's what? Some sting there. But I digress.

Now, I have two children. One a grown adult, 24 years old. Next I have a 13 yr old. They like to discuss, sometimes very enthusiasticallly, which is the better superhero? Batman or Superman? In said conversation, they may enumerate each characters powers, their background, their philosophy and emotional state. Usually Batman comes out on top. Sometimes this goes on for an hour or more. Everyone laughing and contributing, then it's time to wash the dishes. My point is that this discussion is as connected to reality as the Revelation book. And it's far more entertaining.

It's still hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that there are still people that believe this shit as if it were as real as the sun rising in the east. That there is a "loving god" that will kill you if you don't or can't see it his way.

So now on to Alanis Morisette. About the time I started to fade she released the song "Thank You"

It's lyrics are in part:

thank you india

thank you providence

thank you disillusionment

thank you nothingness

thank you clarity

thank you silence

the moment I let go of it was the moment I got more than I could handle

the moment I jumped off of it was the moment I touched down

Ten years into my fade these lyrics have more meaning than ever. Now I can think about what is really real in life. Like what a lame superhero is Aquaman? What does he do anyway?

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Peace to you and yours.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

ctrwtf I would like to hear more of your ramblings. Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit