WTBTS TELLS THE TRUTH!

by The Searcher 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

PARTIALLY!!!!!!!

The following statements by the WTBTS are true - up to a point!

But in order to appear as a loving united, brotherhood, only half-truths can be told. Otherwise, the vast majority (if not all) of the 8.7 million people who study with JWs would terminate their "Bible teaching" forthwith!

Satan spoke half-truth in the Garden of Eden - here is the WTBTS own contribution:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

Do You Shun Former Members of Your Religion?

"Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest."

( This is true - So far so good - now for the weasel-words!)

"We do not automatically disfellowship someone who commits a serious sin. If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of 1) breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, 2) he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped. The Bible clearly states: 3) "Remove the wicked man from among yourselves." —1 Corinthians 5:13.

1) "Breaking the Bible's moral code" - they do not mention that speaking to other Witnesses about questionable WTBTS teachings is included in this, and for doing so, your friends and family will be cut off from you if you do not keep your mouth shut!

2) "He or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped" - Not one or the other - both!

3) "Remove the wicked man" - The person is not just to be removed, they have to be denied all physical, social, emotional, and verbal contact by all JWs - especially family members!

In a nutshell, there should be Government Health warnings given, outlining the whole truth, which is this:

"By becoming one of JWs you will be subject to social & emotional 'stoning to death' if you ever dare question the information fed to you from the WTBTS. Having beeen "counselled" to abandon all of your former acquaintances and friends, (1 Cor. 15:33) your new found family of friends will be instructed to abandon you! Also, any members of your family who are Witnesses will also be subject to participating in your "execution" process. Anyone who does not share in the witch-hunt, and even converses with you, will face the same fate as you!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest."

( This is true -

Not for me

I am not disfellowshipped but I have been told that unless I start going to meetings again my former friend J...y says she will not speak to me but she will my daughter because she was never baptised.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I find it interesting that the Watchtower would even use the word "shun". This in itself appears something of a capitulation.

• zound
    zound

That elder video I bumped the other day - he said JW's don't use the word shun as it brings to mind stereotypes like "tar and feathering" and the amish.

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

Well, the Watchtower Inc. is just another offshot from mainstream christianity, just as another Pennsylvanian cult is: The Amish cult.

The Watchtower, altough a cult, do allow television!

Both with many ideas from English puritanism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit