the age of adam when he died, anyone know?

by brandnew 21 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew
    And if so, does this mean that adam had already invented a timetable, and calendar?
  • prologos
    prologos
    0.937 wt days?
  • Splash
    Splash

Adam died in 3096 BCE at the age of 930.

The calendar was already in place before Adam was created:
    Genesis 1:14 "Then God said: “Let there be luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night, and they will serve as signs for seasons and for days and years"

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @splash.....Groovy, thanks.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The OT is funny though. It doesn't really give calendar dates. You have to calculate things based on other numbers, one of the reasons it's a fairy tail. The other ancient cultures on earth long before the bible were using calendars.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Between 55-70 years old. It was stressful when it was just the two of them,

but when they left the garden and travel a few miles they met other

folks that lived over the hill, other married couples. At that time life

became fun, no more talking to snakes. They threw away their leaves and

dressed in the latest fashion of the day. He was able to compare the woman

that God gave him against the women that lived over the hill, damn God my

wife look like a child, WTH. And what the hell is that on the chest of the women,

my wife chest is the same as mine.

Sorry folks I got carried away.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    What many people don't realize it the story of Adam was taken from a story about Adamu or Adapa, which also translates as man. In this story he could have attained external life but his father a god told him not to eat the food offered to him by the other gods because it was a trick. But he was mistaken and not a trick and if he would of eaten he would havegained idmmortality y
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    It must have been hard for Adam to calculate the years at the time. Remember the Earth was surrounded by water vapor that didn't fall until Noah's day. How would you know there are 365 days in a year or even what time of day it is if the sun and stars were blocked out by water?
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    So...freemindfade.....other cultures ....b4 adam?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Lucky he didn't find out he wasn't the first man created by god since there were already small civilizations that existed before his supposed time.

He probably would have been really pissed at somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit