FOLLOW the MONEY!

by The Searcher 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm sure that most (if not all) on JWN want to open up the eyes and minds of all those who are blinded, not only to Bible teachings, but also to the immorality of the monetary system operated by the WTBTS.

Every Witness and ex-Witness on here will openly admit how stupid and gullible they were before learning TTATT, myself included. So rather than condemning R/F Witnesses, do the Christian thing and show human compassion.

To aid (shock!) such ones, can anyone ascertain the approximate market value of the Britain Branch properties in London?

If such a figure can be verified, it would enable "still-in" Witnesses to ask one simple question of the CoBE when he reads the crunch letter from Bethel regarding funding of the new Branch Office - "Why does the Society need brothers' and sisters' money, when the property being sold is worth many mi££ions more than the cost to build a new complex? Where is all that money going???"

We were promised "further letters" to keep us updated regarding the project. (the project to lighten our wallets!) Therefore, before any "loving body of elders" proposes a resolution to relieve their Congregation's bank account of a lump sum for the new real estate venture, (without questions being raised) it would be invaluable to have solid figures to hand.

Your input will be greatly appreciated - far greater than you might realise!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I know an elder who knows its all bullshit...he still loves giving a big donation each week. ( its a cheque with his name on) ....i guess some people see money as ego...being attached to big business is identity...being a part of power is identity? .....your argument is flawed because its rational and what has being rational got to being a witness?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Searcher makes exactly the point I made yesterday to an XJW relative, where is all that money going to go ?

We know, it will be gobbled up by the Monry-Eating Monster in N.Y, the Watchtower Real Estate Corporation.

Solid figures would be much appreciated, as I will be bringing this up in conversation time and again.

I think things like this are far more likely to open the eyes of JW's than any doctrinal or historical information.

Why would a "religion" that preaches the End is so "soon" need to amass wealth in the way they do ?

• subytrek
    subytrek

I agree. Our Kingdom Hall was just remodeled and now they pass a resolution requiring us to pay back a loan to the Society. Our Kingdom Hall was fine and if the end is so close wouldn't be a waste anyway? What I thought was interesting was they decided to remodel this KH instead of building a new double one since they had so much trouble finding property and I think since there really isn't that much growth in our area. In the past few years congs. have had to combine since they were so small. I was under the impression they had saved a lot of money for the remodel and would be able to pay for it with cash but the Society probably would rather they take out a loan so they can collect interest. I thought there was a scripture about brothers not charging each other interest. I guess that only applies to us not them.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ SUBYTREK

The Org used to charge interest on loans, but not for quite a number of years now!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Has any Brit called realtors in the areas that the WTBTS has Bethel and where it plans to build the new Bethel? In the USA I could find the numbers very easily by calling local realtors. I could easily get the property address, assessor's property evaluation, and last sales price by visiting the county assessor's/county records' website.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Money..Bethel in London.. Money was a security blanket to be an elder in my congregation . Elders were 50 plus and mortgage paid off ( or bethelits trapped in the golden bars of Bethel).....it was all bullshit elders were elders because they were so conservative with no pressure of living hand to mouth, and no spitituality either but thats another topic...Money is property and selling property is never good business.

• Hillary
    Hillary

@the Searcher: please let us know how it goes and what kinds of responses/feedback you receive. I would love to hear JW responses to this. Sadly, I believe many will tune you out and feel that it's Satan's influence

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Even if monetary valuations can't be obtained, the basic question* is still reasonable, pertinent, and most of all, demands an answer for everyone who is likely to donate to this monumental property speculation.

* "Before any resolution is proposed regarding donations for a new Branch complex, can the Elders tell the congregation why donations are required, when the sale of the present Branch will realise more money than is required for the new one?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit