Alcyone was Jehovahs "crib"

by notjustyet 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I was doing some reading up on the WTBTS former belief that the annointed would go and be with Jehovah and Jesus on "Alcyone" when they died. (Alcyone is a star system in the constellation Taurus. It is the brightest star in the Pleiades open cluster, which is a young cluster, aged at less than 50 million years. Alcyone is approximately 370 light years from Earth. Wikipedia)

Alcyone is in the Pleiades constellation and you may have heard that Charles Taze(r) Russel believed that this was where the throne of Jah was as this star was thought to be the center of the Universe. Ties in with some mytholgy and pyramid stuff etc,..

Anyway, didn't the Heavens Gate members think that when they died that they would be taken to a waiting spaceship hiding in the tail of the Hail Bop Comet?

We all pretty much think that the Heavens Gate members are KRAE KRAE right? Is there really that much difference in belief between what the early JWs used to believe and what the Heavens Gate members "used" to believe? Just really the location as to where they would wind up. Jws would be Alyone, Heavens Gate would be Hale Bops Comet (in space ship) Jws beleived it would happen the instant when they died, Heavens Gate believed it the instant when they died.

I have not heard what the current belief is as far as "where" everyone of the annointed is supposed to wind up when they die. I would love to ask them is they were going to be spread around the universe or be in one location like a government usually does. Of course they would have to be able to obseves what is happening on the Earth etc. I would love to try to pin them down on what physical location they would say that they would be confined to.

NJY

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

batshit crazy!

Next!

• processor
    processor

Anyway, Alcyone as God's residence explains why the 'brighter light' takes so long:

http://www.svhelden.info/witchtower/2012/05/jehovahs-word-keeps-moving-speedily/

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

YOU are correct, notjustyet!

There has been some discussion of this "divine mystery" here in the past, and it is good to bring this up for the benefit of newer ones.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

This one has completely passed me by notjustyet, thanks.

• adamah
    adamah

Sure, I know where Alcyone is:

Head out towards Scientology's Planet Xenu, make a right just past Mormonism's Planet Kolob, and it's about 1/2 light year beyond that, the second imaginary Heavenly body on the right, just past the Heaven's Gate comet. You can't miss it!

Adam

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Alcyone is NOT an imaginary place like Xenu or Kolob. In the first place, it is not a planet, but a star. It has only been recently that we have been able to image planets cicling distant stars.

As has been said, Alcyone is one of the stars in the Pleiades star cluster, also known as the seven sisters or M45. It is among the nearest star clusters to Earth and is the cluster most obvious to the naked eye in the night sky, so it was seen by primitive "post-edenic" (yuk yuk yuk) man, and the star cluster found a place in myth and legend - the campfire stories which led to the formation of man's various religions and holy books, so it is not surprising that the Pleiades are mentioned three times in the OT at Job 9:9 and 38:31, as well as Amos 5:8, where they are identified as "kimah" (a cluster).

This may be the inspiration of the popular Apostate term for the Watchtower's NWT translation committee, "kimah fuck." (Started HERE and NOW.)

Siriusly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit