just a cool antecdote i thought id share....animal lovers

by fakesmile 2 Replies latest jw friends

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

so i had this very well behaved spider above my front door. it hung out there because small lights from my security camera came on for night vision. he never bothered any one or left his area. the only nuiscence was thas he left beautiful webs on my camera and i evevn observed him feeding completely uninterupted many times in hi def.i saved the best recordings.

well i captured him and wiped the webs from my camera. i captured him in a jar. after identifying him as non poisonous i decided not to chloroform him and pull out the microscope. he or she was such a well behaved spider that i found a spot near a light to release him. i know what a bunch of wasted text but damn, that was a good, well fed spider. i miss him or her already.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

years ago my roommate and I had a "pet" spider in the kitchen that we named Agatha. We left her web alone and every morning there would be some dead ant corpses under the web. She was there for several months and we didn't have an ant problem while she was there. She eventually died and we cleaned out the web.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i understand that tarantulas can become very attached to their humans. i really miss this spider. side note i am arachnophobic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit