Pray with a Born-Again Agnostic

by freeman 2 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

My son, now 19 has his first “real” job, complete with crappy hours, and he is finding that five meetings a week is cutting into his now very precious free time.

It seems he is a bit tired these days, and his meeting attendance is starting to fall off a bit.

His mother is concerned, I’m overjoyed and hopeful that the pressure of his new job and responsibilities will show him in no uncertain terms just how much the JW lifestyle sucks the fun out of life.

Yes, this ‘born-again agnostic’ is praying that his son will rebel against the Borg more and more until he finally comes to his senses.

Please pray with me for my son to the deity or non-deity of your choice. Thank you.

Freeman

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh Great Maybe / Maybe Not Perhaps in the Sky - please grant freeman's son the wisdom to flee the bOrg!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• YYHWH
    YYHWH

I am dealing with the same situation. My son is seventeen and is home schooled and works over 50 hours a week. When he has to miss a meeting because of work my wife makes him go to another congregations meeting on a different night. She has also threatned him that if he does not make his meetings and field service as well as showing up for his Bible Study so he can get babtised she will not help him with any other endeavors he has. I finally got fed up with it and told him in private that we have a little thing in this Country called FREEDOM OF RELIGION and he has every right to exercise that freedom and that I would not let his mother stand in his way.

He really loves his Mom and does not want to hurt her so he just thanked me for my concern and said he could handle it.

I hate the guilt trip that JW parents put on there kids. Especially when it is my first born Son that is being messed with.

I have decided that I will only talk about my stand concerning the Dubs if they want me to. I believe in time they will be WON OVER WITHOUT A WORD.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SON!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit