What happens with my Service Card, if i dont go to meetings anymore?

by Smoky 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoky
    Smoky

I have not been to meeting, or been visited by an Elder from my Congregation in years. I thought they where suppose to account for everyone in congregation to COE, when he visits. Could they be possibly be hiding my Card, or even destroyed it, so COE wont get mad at them.

Any former Elder know how this is handled?

Just curious. I kind of feel...left out, or thrown away. Dont they care about my salvation?

smoky

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Dont they care about my salvation?

Er....No, at least not much - but in answer to your question : In my day , an "iregular " card was kept with the others. After 6 months it became "Inactive" and was filed at the back of the box. When the time came to write out new cards , thay were dated, the old inactive ones were filed along with the historic publisher records . After (I believe) eight years they were destroyed.

Once the card was no longer in the current box, you were history ,among the archives.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

The WBTS official stance is that inactive ones on file should be contacted and encouraged to become active with special instructions on uncovering wrongdoing and mapping out forgiveness if warranted. It is contained in a BOE letter from 2009 which can be found by searching this forum.

Reality is, many BOE conveniently "lose" those record cards from their file so as not to have to deal with the probing questions and ridicule of the traveling overseer when he reviews the file.

Its not "official", but most of the inactive publisher cards end up in the "dead" file otherwise known as the trash can.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Its not "official", but most of the inactive publisher cards end up in the "dead" file otherwise known as the trash can.

I was told that they now retain your final publisher card indefinitely, keeping you a "member" of the Congregation. Thus at any time in the future that they want to revoke (DF) your membership, they can do so.

"You can check out but you can never leave."

Doc

• l p
    l p

Yes I would like to know the answer to this one. Ive been out for maybe 10 years or so.

I would like to know where my card would be at

Could anyone from Bethel verify DOC's understanding?

lp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit