Would like your input on creating a Quiz regarding failed Jw doctrine

by notjustyet 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

for the benefit of my children and others that you think might enjoy it.

I recently bought a 40.00 program that allows a teacher or other person to create a quiz or test for students.

I can enter all the info into the quiz and make it available to any and all that want to visit it online to take the quiz but I need help in coming up with some good questions and also the right answers.

The objective is to be able to relevent info into my childrens minds so that they will have less of a chance of being brought back into this cult in the near future. I think that showing them the failed history, prophecies that did not come true etc will help clear out any cobwebs that may be in their minds. You know we truly don't REALLY know what internal struggles they may be having as far as doubting if leaving the WTBTS was the right thing to do, or if it was just forced upon them by their parents, me.

Here is a link to the application if you would like to see how it works. I've already bought the program and as mentioned will do the data entry work and make it available to any and all that want to pass along the link after I upload it to their servers. You can take it anon also.

http://www.cosmicsoft.net/starQuiz/creating.html

Multiple choice, fill in the blank, etc,.. can also put in pics and media like a url to a webpage if needed.

I really could use some help in the ideas department here if you can think of things that would be important to know regarding the WTBTS in general and then some that would help settle the childs mind that the WTBTS was a lie.

Could also lean into the area of where some of the things said in the bible conflict with what we know about the world now and how it conflicts with science.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

If you are able to participate and would frame a question, correct answer and possibly why or reference where info was taken etc then that would be great.

thanks,

NJY

Here is a screen shot of the options as far as the type of questions that can be asked.

Creating QuizzesGiving TestsViewing ResultsBuy starQuiz

Creating quizzes and tests with starQuiz is easy. With starQuiz, you're not restricted to a premade bank of tests. You can create your own examinations quickly and easily using starQuiz's well-designed quiz editor. Read on below for more information, but don't take our word for it—download a free demo today!

Intuitive, Simple Quiz Editor
    Competing products have complex, confusing interfaces filled with unlabeled buttons and obscure options. With starQuiz, the number one value is simplicity. Our quiz editor has been painstakingly designed to be easy to use but also powerful, so that you can design the quizzes you want quickly and easily.

A question browser on the left allows you to quickly scroll through the quiz and jump to a question. Add a new question with one click of the + button, or search for an existing question in the search box.

Multiple Choice Made Easy
    The foundation of almost any quiz: the ever-popular multiple choice question. starQuiz doesn't disappoint, with support for up to 26 choices via a "More choices..." button.

Looking for a challenge? The multiple select question type allows you to specify more than one choice as the correct answer, requiring students to check all the correct answers to receive full credit.

Fill in the Blank
    It's also easy to create fill-in-the-blank questions, for which students must type a word or phrase to get credit. You can add multiple correct answers, such as "three" and "3", to ensure students get the right grade.

And if spelling isn't important to this test, simply choose the "Student can misspell" option and specify how close students have to be to receive credit. For the truly atrocious speller, you can even allow phonetic approximations through the "similar phrase" option.

Essays: Grading is a Snap
    starQuiz includes a simple teacher-graded essay question type that allows students to type essays that you can grade at your convenience. The students' updated scores can even be emailed back to them when you finish.

Matchmaker
    Need to know that students really understand a concept? The matching question type lets you quickly type in words and matches that students must connect together. starQuiz has an easy-to-use match interface that lets you type matches without using the mouse, saving time and effort.

Scientists and Mathematicians Too starQuiz isn't just for touchy-feely social sciences and languages. The numeric question type takes a simple number for an answer. For the sciences—or those math problems where you just need to be close enough—you can even specify an error range for partial or full credit.

Quiz Options
    Some of the best features of starQuiz are tucked away in the Quiz Options screen. From this dialog, you can add a time limit to a quiz; automatically randomize the order of questions and choices to prevent cheating; specify advanced scoring options; and control how much a student is shown about their score with the click of a button. starQuiz may be simple, but it certainly isn't simplistic.

Question Options
    Want to add some flashiness to your boring old quiz? The question options dialog is the place to go. From here, you can add any of a half-dozen types of resources: pictures, text, sounds, web links, and even movies.

And as a teacher, you know how frustrating it can be to explain a question dozens of times over. The Wrong Answer Explanation section solves that problem; students automatically see the text you enter here if they answer a question incorrectly.

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

This is a very simple question asking why JW's don't follow clear Bible instructions given by Jesus: Matt.28:19 says clearly that followers are to be baptized "in the name of the Father, The Son, and the holy spirit". Why don't JW's follow this requirement in their beptismal preocess?

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Thank you for that one.

I'm thinking of putting something like 1925 debacle about Beth Sarim that Joseph Rutherford put together.

So maybe a question like this

"What name did Joseph Rutherford give to the house that he had built in San Diego CA that he said would be used to house the men of Hebrews chapter 11?"

Beth Gosin

Beth Sureme

Beth Sarim

Bethel Sarene

If I could get at least a min of one q and a from you it would be great.

Thanks again.

NJY

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Q. How do we know Christ came in 1914

A. Because that is the floor measurement of the great pyramid of Giza

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Q. Who was Watchtower's first president? (it was not CT Russell)

Q. Mormons formally disavowed their practice of multiple wives in the 1890's. JW's did in 1888, 1907, 1927, 1947. (it was 1947) See link.

Q. William Miller was the first prominent end-times predictor (Google "Millerites' Great Disappointment", 1844). Watchtower referred to him as "father Miller" as late as 1874, 1878, 1915, 1923, Never. (link)

Q. The following WT quotation is argueably a blatant lie: "At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case." The Watchtower (WT), 1981, 12/1 p. 27) They have, in fact, reversed the teaching of Sodomite resurrection X times. [X = 2, 5, 7 (link)]

Len Miller (great, great, great grandson of William -- NOT)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Q. What are JW males dissuaded from wearing?

1. A beard

2. Tattoo

3. Blue Jeans at mettings/conventions

4. All of the above

Q. Will the men od Sodom be resurrected?

1. Yes

2. No

3. The watchtower(R) keeps changing it's mind

4. All of the above

Q. Does Jehovah test (tempt) people?

1. Yes. God tested/tempted Abraham and Moses. (GEN 22:1-12, DT 8:2 ) God himself says that he does test (tempt). J(UDGES 2:22)

2. No. God tests (tempts) no one. (JAS 1:13)

3. Paul says that God controls the extent of our temptations. (1 COR 10:13)

4. All of the above: God both does and doesn't test(tempt) anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit