hypocrites that they are here is an email link sent out

by nonjwspouse 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

the email said :

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:49:21 PM
    Subject: UN demands answers from Vatican on child sex abuse - Sudbury - CBC News

You'll really drop your jaw after reading this article. Mike heard this on WBAL-radio 6:30 am. Wednesday morning. We looked for this article on the internet that morning but could not find anything---anywhere. We emailed the sister that brought me into the truth, she's good at finding stuff on the internet. However, she found nothing. We went in service that morning. Came home, still nothing. Finally, she found it. Subject:UN demands answers from Vatican on child sex abuse - Sudbury - CBC News http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/story/2013/07/10/un-vatican-sex-abuse.html Is this the smoking gun??????????

The smoking gun for the watchtower is just about to blow, yet, look at the usual pious finger pionting being spread through out these JW emails!!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Write back and say that there should be some kind of background check that ministers should go through. Maybe a card they could carry, something to show that they have a clean record. If all religions would voluntarily submit to that, then it would weed out the bad from the good! What a witness that would be! Imagine all the "False religious" leaders who would refuse to comply! Who would be left standing?

I would be interested in the response. Also, maybe we should be sending all pertinent info about the WTBTS's abuse records to the UN. Along with all the hate filled articles about the UN, of course.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Ask your Witness friend if she knows anything about the pedophile case in California (the Candice Conti case) against the Society? I’d be willing to bet dollars to donuts that she doesn’t. This is not to say that attention shouldn’t be paid to the Vatican’s way of handling this serious matter, but the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is no better. If the Vatican case cited is a jaw-dropping one, so is the ongoing one against the WTS.

Quendi

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I think that there is a big difference between the Vatican and the WTBTS as far as the UN is concerned. The Vatican is a member nation and the WTBTS is not. It would be doubtful that the UN would ask the WTBTS for the same information.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would set her up first, like Samuel did to King David. Get her to agree that there should be a..ohhh..what to call it...mmmm...How about Working With Children Check! Yeah! That's the ticket!!

• Quendi
    Quendi

There may not be as big a difference between the UN taking on the Vatican and the WTS Conti case as you might think, ABibleStudent. That’s because the Conti case is ultimately headed for SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States), and many organizations are watching it closely. It might be another two or three years before that happens but when it does the ruling handed down will have major impact on religious organizations in this country.

Quendi

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Quendi,

I did ask her if she knew about the Condi case last summer. She had no idea. I told her to goole search it and she would fine it in major newpaper stories. I had to be careful because I was beginning to say too much, and as we know, with a faithful JW, they don't do well listening for too long before shutting down. Bt at the time the point was made that it was real , it was at that time mentioned on jwmedia, and it was not someting she nor anyone she knew had even heard of.I finished off commenting about the major amounts of money being used as settlement hush money for the many cases of child abuse that the WTBTS was paying out.

The email wasn't sent directly to me, but I got it because my husband asks me to check his email for him sometimes.

I had a huge urge to respond, but thankfully didn't . I did want to share it with you all though. Just another example of the pot calling the kettle black, only the RCC is actually actively changing things in order to stop the crime, and some perps are now going to jail. It's not over there yet, but the changes have begun. With the WTBTS they stubbornly, arrogantly, don't want to change the protection rules.

DD- I love that idea and I will mention it, either to her or to my husband.

ABS - the WTBTS was an NGO member, and they are still a member of the OSCE, still affiliated with the UN. This is a fact and cannot be minimised with title differences. They are involved in the UN.

• LogCon
    LogCon
    A United Nations panel is demanding that the Watchtower Society hand over detailed information on child sex abuse cases involving Jehovah Witness elders.

In a document published online, the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child has asked the Watchtower Society to come clean with how it addresses children's rights around the world, including what measures it takes when dealing with sexual violence.

The panel, which polices the 1989 Convention on the Rights of the Child, wants the Watchtower Society to reveal confidential records on investigations and legal proceedings against elders accused of sexual crimes on children.

The Geneva-based committee also wants to know what measures are being taken to ensure that elders accused of sexual abuses are not in contact with children and how members are told to report allegations of sexual violence.

WOW!

Imagine. Five years from now. The UN, DEMANDING answers from the Watchtower Society. After decades of vitriol targeting the UN, after Rutherford, Knorr, Franz pointing the finger at the UN as the image of the Wild Beast, Satan's tool, deceiver and misleader of mankind, the great False Hope. And then, the UN demanding answers from the Watchtower Society. Tell us about the child molestation in your organization. Tell us about the secrets. Tell us about how you protected the perpetrators. Tell us how you kept it silent.

Tell us, tell us , TELL US !!!

• *lost*
    *lost*

Logcon

Their prophecy may come true, UN turning on all religious organisations .. because of the child abuse issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit