Topic About Psychological Gene (Hereditary) Patterns

by LV101 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Anyone recall (tried to locate/failed) a very interesting topic within past 6 mos about latest research determining hereditary patterns in individuals but more than the usual that had been determined thru mental/brain studies previously - or something? Sorry, I tried to locate but didn't find.

Appreciate.

• laverite
    laverite

There was some interesting research that was reported on the genetic links to obesity. But the media are always reporting on links between the brain and behavior (and often do so poorly). There are thousands of studies published each year that relate to the field of neuroscience.

• Mum
    Mum

I wish I could find it for you. You might try googling something like "brain research and genetics" or something similar. I googled it and got links to a lot of scholarly papers.

This topic is fascinating! I have read several stories about twins, and once about triplets, who were adopted by different families at birth. The triplets all went through a period of being very troublesome in their teens at the same time. One set of twins used the same obscure brand of toothpaste, and both had married a woman named Debbie, divorced, and then both married a woman named Linda!

Good luck with your search. Let me know what you learn.

• jgnat
  • LV101
    LV101

Laverite, Mum and jgnat --- thank you all for your time and help. Laverite that's funny about brain/behavior reported poorly.

jgnat - the article you've linked sounds familiar. I'll be sure to copy this time - thanks!

Mum --- I've read the same kind of info about twins. So interesting.

Been too busy and forgot to check in for posts.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

There was a thread a few weeks ago about the latest research on twins and how they are (obviously) born with the same DNA but as they grew older and their life attitudes became different their genes changed!! The power of the mind. Well that's the assumption, further research required...

• LV101
    LV101

doofdaddy - unfortunately, have missed too many threads and sounds like an interesting one - their genes changed - unreal! Hopefully, I can locate that particular thread. Thanks for your info/appreciate.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy
    Curious about twin research - Ongoing research - Karolinska Institute

Ta LV101!

A quick google search brought this up but it's not the (direct) study that referred to twins and differing life outcomes e.e. one twin having depression and the other no illness but never the less a great read which leads to even more research...

• LV101
    LV101

doof - Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Ta Ta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit