God, I love this dude!!!!!!

by DATA-DOG 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
  • steve2
    steve2

This dude is one of the best known critics of the Watchtower. I think he died many years ago - but his considerate-minded exposes on the organization was in refreshing contrast to the more hysterical exposes carried out by many other contemporaneous critics of the Watchtower.

• steve2
    steve2

Just to add he wrote the book Kingdom of the Cults which included a weighty section on the Watchtower but also included the Mormons and the 7th-Day Adventists (I think it included them). He died about 1989- 1990.

• QC
    QC

DD

I love this dude

Why?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If you listen very carefully, he does an excellent job of showing how the WTBTS thinks and takes God's words out of context. I may not agree with everything he says, but his logical manner is appealing, IMO. The WTBTS does a rapid-fire method of picking snippets of scripture one after the other, without ever focusing on anything in it's entirety. The result is a stupified listener who has not had the chance to analyze what has really been said. Many people are left with the feeling that the GB are the " thinkingest " people on the planet!

This is the exact manner in which the " fast-moving " symposiums take place at every DC. The rank-and-file JW has no real idea what happened when all is said and done. I love the fact that he " got it." What's not to love!? I certainly never knew the man, and I can't judge him. Still, I do agree with his methods of analysis concerning the WTBTS. Also, I appreciate the fact that he doesn't insult Jehovah's Witnesses, he ust know that the leaders are misleading.

That's why. Plus, I love everyone.

DD

• QC
    QC

DD

I love the fact that he " got it."

We agree JW leaders spin the Bible text. But this guy also spins the Bible text.

So, he DOESN'T get it. Both have religious dogma capable of spiritual malpractice.

What's amazing is you can see the one but not the other. Guy in the video uses a barker style sizzle that bamboozled you, lulled you away from testing his faulty exegesis.

So, love for other includes protecting them using judgments against pervasive detrimental practices. The failure of elders to judge wisely the pedophile practice that victimized Candace Conti shows a lack of love for her.

There is a time to judge, but never a time to be judgmental (hypercritical). Don’t confuse the two.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Well DD, I sure liked Dr Martin as well. I remember listening to him on the Ankerberg show. Some of his videos are on you tube but not complete. I wish they were. he was so passionate, well spoken, knowladgeable, confident, yet also quick to praise others for what he believed they were doing or thinkng correctly. Sure I didn't agree with everything he believed, but he had such a commmanding, intreguing presence. I wish he were still around.

There is one video of him on stage with some JWs, debating. It was great!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I said that I may not agree with him on every point. You don't know what I have tested, or am currently in the process of testing. So you really don't know what I get, or don't get, especially because I have not yet mentioned anything of the kind, unless you are a mind reader. Your comment that I am bamboozled is an assumption on your part unless you read hearts and minds. Everyone has some dogma, including you, unless you have all the answers, more than partial knowledge. Do you? Maybe you don't "get it" either. Did you ever think of that?

There is only one person who has commented on this post that is hypercritical by definition.

" So, love for other includes protecting them using judgments against pervasive detrimental practices. The failure of elders to judge wisely the pedophile practice that victimized Candace Conti shows a lack of love for her. " I AGREE.

" What's amazing is you can see the one but not the other. Guy in the video uses a barker style sizzle that bamboozled you, lulled you away from testing his faulty exegesis. " I DISAGREE. FOR REASONS STATED ABOVE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit