Ideas to increase cognitive dissonance

by ILoveTTATT 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Ok so from the help of various people, I now have thought of various ways to increase cognitive dissonance without showing "apostate reasoning"... usually it works by highlighting other beliefs (sorry people if someone here is of any of the faiths I will mention... I do not mean to insult, just to save my family and friends from the WT...) and portraying them as "bad" when we have had exactly the same beliefs at one point!! (I will try the Nathan-David approach... YOU ARE THE MAN!!!)

For example:

Vaccinations: "I find it soooo stupid that some religions reject vaccinations!! It is so disgusting that people are dying for something that does not even have Biblical significance!!"

(We, until 1952, rejected vaccinations)... I know that most modern JW's have no clue about this, and they LOOOOVE dissing other religions, so I know that most will chip in and join me in agreeing that these religions are stupid.

Another example: Hey, I have a dumb question. Did you know that if you freeze mayonnaise, it separates the mixture? I am wondering when it can stop being called "Real" Mayonnaise if you start removing the fat...

(This is exactly the analogy that the WT uses to reject Plasma and accept Cryoprecipitate, which is in essence just frozen plasma with the water and other portions removed)

If you think of other, TOTALLY INNOCENT AND TOTALLY SUBTLE ways of spreading cognitive dissonance, please let me know!!

Thanks to all you fine people,

ILOVETTATT

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

You could say " Don't you hate how everytime something good happens, Fundamentalist Christians claim it's due to the Lord having blessed them, even when there's no way to prove it is so? "

JW's roll their eyes and snicker to themselves when people from other religions talk about how much God has blessed them or their efforts to serve him. After all, everybody knows they are the only one's God blesses...even though there is no proof of this.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, Have you thought about using the Bible Books Mathew through Acts to show how Jesus Christ condemned the Pharisees and Sadduces? What would Jesus Christ do if the Pharisees put credit card machines in the Temple to cause people to go into debt to support the temple? What happened in the Temple when Jesus Christ was cruxified (i.e., the curtain was torn to symbolize the end of the Pharisees control of the Jews)? What did Jesus Christ promise his followers after his death (i.e., search for Holy Spirit in the aforementioned books)? Use Steve Hassan's BITE model to evaluate how dangerous a cult the Pharisees made the Jewish religion about 2000 years ago.

If you want to debunk the prohibition of accepting whole blood transfusions, ask JWs why Jews do not have such a prohibition and you can ask cofty to write on JWN about his analysis of the prohibition that he wrote on www.jwsupportforum.com.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit