When the publishing company says that its an issue of “Conscience” it begs the question. .

by Narcissistic Supply 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

When the publishing company says that its an issue of “Conscience” it begs the question.

How on god’s green earth can you make a decision of “conscience” when you have been manipulated and twisted and distorted by ridiculous group think.

How can you make a decision of “conscience” when your perception of reality is based on trickery, lies, deceipt and isolation. How can you make a decision of “conscience” when you are sold down the river by a cult.

YOU cannot build your house upon the sand. Well you can but it will get washed away. Sorry about that.

August 23, 2011 under Psych Ops

• SAHS
    SAHS

With things like birthdays, autologous blood transfusion, trying out a non-JW church, etc., they will say that it is a matter of “conscience” . . . . that is, until you actually make a decision based on your own conscience, and then they drag you before a lynching tribunal and then spiritually stone you to death, and you get kicked out the door of their little “paradise.” That’s how it really works in the land of the Watchtower. (You always have to read between the lines.)

• Mum
    Mum

They forget to say whose conscience. You are not entitled to your own.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It's a publishing company way of controlling people without making it a definate rule allow them a little freedom to choose but, usually not able to choose because of previous directives and options very limited to black and white thinking of the cults understanding of the situation.

Since the Governing Body direct all that is published I would say the "conscience" has multiple meanings and uses, it is their word tool to make a rulling on a matter and give some the impression of freedom feeling they have made the choice themselves not due to an edict or directive from the corporation.

Or a way of saying something is a "conscience matter" is: "We couldn't find a scripture to condem 'such and such' but we can look at principles that if stretched and tweaked will let your conscience guide you correctly.

• distantsun
    distantsun

are birthdays a matter of conscience ? i was allways taught it was a no no ?

• SAHS
    SAHS

“distantsun”:

“are birthdays a matter of conscience ? i was allways taught it was a no no ?”

It certainly is severely looked down upon as a kind of idolatry and self-adulation, etc., but I don’t think that they can actually disfellowship someone for attending a birthday party. (Well, maybe if you don’t say sorry enough afterward.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit