I just saw "Worlds[apart]" movie and...

by juanvazquez88 2 Replies latest jw friends

• juanvazquez88
    juanvazquez88

Its the same that happen in my wife´s house when they found out about our relationship!!! Her parents dissapoint, the meeting with the elders, when they made her broke with me with a letter, start to seeing each other in hiding, everithing!!!!!!

How can i could made my wife see this movie too?? she still believe that she being df is the right thing, i dont know how to make her undestand about that madness of the jws believes!!

• Listener
    Listener

It would be good if you could show the movie to your wife. I don't see any reason why you couldn't just ask her to watch it. If it gets too distressing for her then it would be better if she didn't watch the rest.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi juanvazquez88, World's apart is a great chick flick. It is sort of like Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. I would ask your wife if she would like to watch it with you and that you would be willing to turn it off if she wants you to. I feel it showed a fairly balanced perspective of a JW growing up.

By the way are you trying to show your wife what is wrong with the WTBTS, or are you trying to help your wife to critically think for herself. They are not the same. If you want to help your wife to critically think for herself and for you and your family to fade from the WTBTS then do the following:

• Make your plan to help your wife to critically think for herself. It could be as simple as you research the WTBTS doctrines, you research and learn about BITE control techniques that the WTBTS uses, romance your wife taking her to fun activities, help you wife to meet non-JW friends who she might share common insterests, if you are a christian, read Bible scriptures from a non-WTBTS bible without WTBTS propaganda, only ask your wife simple questions and let her come to her own conclusions, and help your wife to become involved in other activities that consume lots of time so that she does not have time to attend meetings and read WTBTS propaganda.
    • Post as much as possible on JWN to either vent your frustrations and to ask for help about specific points of your plan. It is better to vent your frustrations on JWN then to your wife and JWs.
    • Visit websites such as www.jwfacts.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, and www.jwsurvey.org, and www.freeminds2.org to name a few to research the WTBTS's history and changes in doctrines.
    • Visit Steve Hassan's website www.freedomofmind.com to learn more about the BITE control techniques that the WTBTS does use and how to overcome them. If you cannot afford to purchase Steve Hassan's book "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs" in an ebook format, see if you can either checkout his books at the library or at least watch the following two videos of Steve Hassan at least twice: "Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue loved ones from unhealthy situations (2003)" and "Steve Hassan at NYC Ethical Culture Society February 2013.
    • Make more non-JW friends that you and your wife would enjoy spending time with. By the way where do you live? When you leave the WTBTS you will need a social network to help fill the void of JWs who will be shunning your wife.
    • Encourage your son to make friends with non-JWs who you and your wife would like and live as normal of a life as possible.
    • Encourage your son to critically think for himself and to ask lots of questions about everything. Show respect for your son by explaining why you make decisions the way you do when he asks why. I would recommend that you read the thread Thankyou dad, for making me think... by Aussie Oz. Also help your son to use the internet to do research about his school subjects and to instill a desire to question and do independent research.
    • Only ask simple questions to help your wife to critically think for herself. Reading Steve Hassan's books and posting on JWN will help you. Something as simple as saying Hello and is anything wrong to your wife may help her to open up about her doubts and/or use of anti-depressants. All you need to do is help her to focus on what is causing her problems and suggesting that she use the internet to search for key phrases. I would select key phrases that might help her to discovery a JW support forum.
    • Ask your wife to do fun things with you, to do fun things with non-JWs, and/or to learn about topics that will take a lot of time away from attending WTBTS meetings and reading WTBTS's propaganda. If you need ideas and live near a major metropolitan city in the USA, I would recommend signing up for daily email promotions onwww.travelzoo.com. A very time comsuming topic to learn and one that will help you and your wife later in life is to learn about investing. If you lived in the USA, I would recommend going to the TD Ameritrade website and learn how to use ThinkorSwim to learn more about investing.
    • Send your wife anonymous emails like I wrote about in the thread You’ve Got Mail! TM. Something as simple as sending highlighted WTBTS propaganda that you can find links for such as in the thread ROLE REVERSAL: PLACING 1969 AWAKE WITH JW'S MANNING THE NEW PORTABLE LITERATURE DISPLAYS may help your wife to wonder how soon is soon and other issues that your wife may be sensitive to.

Best of wishes of you and your family fading from the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit