Leah Remini on Leaving Scientology: ‘I’m Not About to Shut Up’

by Oubliette 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Leah Remini on Leaving Scientology: ‘I’m Not About to Shut Up’

Leah Remini will not be silenced.

After her headline-making split from Scientology earlier this month, the 43-year-old actress is speaking out about it for the first time ? and says she won't stop talking.

"I believe that people should be able to question things," the former "King of Queens" star told People magazine at Saturday's 15th Annual DesignCare benefit in Malibu, though without uttering the word "Scientology" a single time. "I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct. That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to."

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"I believe that people should be able to question things,"

"no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to."

---

I saw this article yesterday as well. As does WT, the Scientologist spokesman denied Remini's claims, despite the fact that every ex-Scientologist who leaves the religion and goes public, says the exact same thing.

The similarities between WT and other high-control groups is remarkable.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm so happy when celebrities leave behind their crazy cultish religions. It might give courage to others to follow suit.

Leah is taking it one step further and explaining in clear and honest terms why she left. In doing so she is ticking off her powerless former captors. Love it!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She had to believe what they told her to believe for many, many years. They are worse than Witnesses with thought control. Why did she suddenly decide to stop following orders? There has to be a backstory.

I wonder if she will have an accident.........

When Son of Sam terrorized three states, no progress was made. Finally, he murdered the son of a definite Mafia lieutenant. The word everywhere on the street and in newspapers was that finally Son of Sam would be found. They found him.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

When I read the article in the paper today ,especially the "I believe people should be able to questions things" I said to myself "hmmm, this rings a bell, geee, I wonder why"?

(btw, not catching on to what Son of Sam has to do with Leah Remini's view of Scientology)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I wonder if she will have an accident.........

That's what I wonder too. Hollywood sets are dangerous places, made more dangerous by Scientology nutjobs. Remember, when Tom Cruise's ex-wife had an accident on the set?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit