Found this on WikiHow .....

by notgoinback 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notgoinback
    notgoinback

I found this while I did a search on WikiHow:

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-one-of-Jehovah's-Witnesses

Also note #7 (Recognize the authority of the "faithful and discreet slave") and the last bullet point on the Warnings section:

"Some have claimed many Witnesses, including children, die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions. Jehovah's Witnesses have said such statements are a "myth" and "totally unfounded"."

Just thought I would share this with you guys.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This paragraph ought to be enough to put people off ( underlines are mine)

"Recognize the authority of the "faithful and discreet slave" . At Matthew 24:45 Jesus asked: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?" The leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses are a group of eight men known as the Governing Body. To become one of Jehovah's Witnesses means accepting the authority of these men, who it is believed are providing spiritual food at the proper time. For example, The Watchtower of July 15, 2013 said "It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel." (page 20)"

NB I see at the bottom there is a link to Marvin Shilmar's site (although quoted in a negative way) Perhaps that will send people in his direction

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the entireBible is the inspired Word of God, and instead of following human traditions, they hold to the Bible as the standard for all their beliefs.

---

This includes things that aren't in the Bible as well:

governing body

organization

door to door preaching

the Elder arrangement

judicial committees

refusing blood transfusions

blood fractions

end time dates

disfellowshipping

investing in real estate, stocks and hedge funds

etc. etc.

WT thinks all its teachings are from the Bible- because WT says so.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Some have claimed many Witnesses, including children, die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions. Jehovah's Witnesses have said such statements are a "myth" and "totally unfounded"."

This is funny considering the 5/22/94 Awake! magazine featured photos and stories of the many JW children that martyred themselves to follow the WT's no-blood policy, then said this:

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue." Awake! 1994 May 22 p.2

I wonder if the WT lied about those children dying and the stories of their deaths are now only considered 'myths' and "totally unfounded"?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Very peculiar page. I also looked at the one on how to quit being a JW. Strange articles

• smiddy
    smiddy

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue." Awake! 1994 May 22 p.2

So do we understand that the JW`s admit thousands of children are dying,refusing blood transfusions since this policy was adopted ?

smiddy

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

How do you like their warnings section on domestic violence:

Warnings

• The Selma and Steve reference above is used to highlight how The Watchtower has encouraged members to react to some cases of domestic violence stemming from religious differences. Most outside the faith (and likely many individuals inside) would recommend any victim of domestic violence contact the proper authorities.

JWs definition of "proper authorities"

• Most outside the faith (if not all) will call the police.
    • Likely many individuals inside the faith will call the elders, which, in turn, will call Bethel.
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

So do we understand that the JW`s admit thousands of children are dying,refusing blood transfusions since this policy was adopted ?

It would seem so. If making that statement by WT persuades JWs to conform to WT policies, then thousands are dying.

When non-JWs accurately point out that thousands have died as a result of said policies, then WT says it's a "myth" and "totally unfounded".

You see, with WT you never know what is true, as it changes the story depending on who they're talking to.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Isn't that 94 awake evidence of child abuse ?

We must of had our brains scrambled. FFS, makes me sick.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I wonder how much time the author of that counted? Does every hit on the page count as a placement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit