Different versions of the NWT?

by HowTheBibleWasInvented 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasInvented
    HowTheBibleWasInvented

Having noted in the last 3 days a romour of a new revisal of the NWT etc I thought I would see if I have all the NWTs in my collection:

1950-1961 are-

1. Christian Greek Scriptures

2. Genesis-Ruth

3.1 Samuel-Esther

4. Job- Song of Solomon

5. Isaiah-Lamentations (I think?)

6. Ezekiel- Malachi (I think?)

These I have stored away.

Now the 1961 complete green bible I have. (Hebrews 1:6 I think has a difference from today)

The 1969 Kingdom Interlinier I have on pdf.

The 1971 Black Large Print I have.

I have 3 1984 Reference editions

Numerous Maroon and Black soft covers. Also numerous Black Hard Covers (All 1984)

The 2006 soft covers I have several langauges. (All have removed the [] brackets.)

I should say I have 30 other translations. Im a collector- not a believer.

Are there any NWTs I have missed? (Besides the audio on the website lol- BTW the audio.... Mark 16:8... it ends..... John 7:53-John 8:11 ..gone. No footnotes in the audio so it's not canon lol)

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

There were at least three editions of the Christian Greek Scriptures prior to 1952. There was a first edition of 1950, a Second Edition in 1950, and the Revised Edition of 1951.

In 1963 there was under one cover a compilation edition consisting of the 1951 Christian Greek Scriptures and the five Hebrew volumes, with revisions to some of the dates in the "Table of the Books of the Bible", and the exclusions of numerous maps and charts. Perhaps it also included other changes.

In 1985 there was a revision of the Kingdom Interlinear, incorporating the scripture text of the 1984 Christian Greek Scriptures, and having revisions to the Foreword of the earlier Kingdom Interlinear.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

There was also a 1970 revision of the 1961 revision of the NWT. There was also a 1981 revision of the main scripture text of the 1971 revision.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

HARD COVER: I have a 1961, 1981 and 2013.

PDF: 1984, 2013, many older ones on my personal saved files CDs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think we have covered them all. When I was young I really wanted that big compilation of the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, we called it a Jumbo Bible, but it did not stay in print long and was replaced by the famous bright green NWT of the whole bible.

I still use my maroon de luxe 1980’s NWT . I much prefer it to the 2013 revised text.

Personally, I would be surprised if they revised it again so soon, but….you never know.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Wikipedia has this list of Bibles published by the WTS:

• New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition) (2015, revised annually)
    • New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures—With References (1984)
    New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (students' edition) (1963)
    New World Translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, Volume I (Genesis to Ruth) (1953)
    New World Translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, Volume II (1 Samuel to Esther) (1955)
    New World Translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, Volume III (Job to Song of Solomon) (1957)
    New World Translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, Volume IV (Isaiah to Lamentations) (1958)
    New World Translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, Volume V (Ezekiel to Malachi) (1960)
    New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (1950, revised 1951)
    • The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (1969, revised 1985; out of print, available online)

The Watch Tower Society also acquired publishing rights for the following Bible translations:

The Emphatic Diaglott (1902, 1926)
    Holman Linear Parallel Edition (1902, parallel King James Version and Revised Version, with Watch Tower Society appendices)[2]
    Joseph B. Rotherham's New Testament Critically Emphasised, Second Edition (1890)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit