If You Had One Year To Live ????

by YYHWH 4 Replies latest jw friends

• YYHWH
    YYHWH

If you found out you had only one year of life left to live do you think your thoughts and views on the Dubs would change ?

I was personally brainwashed from an early age and have only been out about six years and still have some things in my head that are hard to shake.

When I think about death it is always something that I imagine will happen years from now (hopefully) however if I knew it was right around the corner I might possibly be prone to re-thinking my thoughts on God and relgion in general. I now think as myself as a Deist.

Any thoughts on this matter?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

If I found out I only had a year left, i would not go back to JW. I dont really think it matters once we die ,what happens , we either go to heaven or not. I dont beleive in hellfire. I was very perplexed at this issue when I left the borg. It burnt my ass not to know where I go when I die, not so much for myself ,but what would I tell my kids.
    I always had the resurrection idea to tell, them, that we would be together on paradise earth forever. Now I just dont know, what to beleive , I am still searching for that answer. I have come to the conclusion I may never know. That is hard for ex jw's because we thought as jw's we had all the answers. I just would like to be able to leave my kids with some kind of hope of being together again. But one thing I would do is start a journal to leave for my kids, that way when I am gone they can read my thoughts and even thou I would be gone , they could still learn about me. In fact , I plan on starting a new one, a new journal, . Because who knows how long we will be here .

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

the greek islands I think.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

If I had a year to live,I'd marry an ugly woman,move to New Mexico,and buy a Dodge truck...Wouldn't make me live any longer,but it'd make that year last forever.

Sorry,just couldn't resist...The answer is no,it wouldn't change my beliefs a bit.I think this life is all we will know,but if not whatever happens after this one will happen not be because of my religous affiliation,but because of the life I lived,and what's in my heart.

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL@Cowboy.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit