Shunned, twice in one day

by Mulan 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

This is so funny. I giggled all the way home. Mom had asked me to buy her some pretty stationery at the Hallmark store. So I picked some out and ran smack into a woman, (Jane) by the checkstand, who had been a VERY close friend in the congregation we went to. She jerked her head back to the cards, and I was royally shunned. I smiled and kept walking.

Then, I went into Trader Joe's, a few doors away (that's a great food store, in case you don't know) and ran right into a disfellowshipped woman, I knew from the same congregation. She is my age, (Betty) and we stood in the doorway, chatting and catching up, for about 10 minutes. I saw someone coming in, and looked up, and it was another dub, (Audrey) from the same cong. Shunned again!! This time, though, she spotted who I was talking to........the gal said those same two women shun her.........but then she IS df'd, and I'm not.........yet!! We laughed about being shunned, and I said "I can't wait to get home and tell my mother that two of her buddies shunned me, but I was warmly greeted by a disfellowshipped person." She hugged me, and promised to call me for lunch.

(I put the names in, so Princess will know who these women were)

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

sigh ... i've only been properly shunned once so far ... tis indeed great fun and i've been looking forward to more episodes of people pretending they haven't seen me ...

i can look at it lightheartedly because i have absolutely no family in the borg at all - and people who masqueraded as friends, never really were ... hugs to all those of you who are caused real pain because of this nasty practice of shunning [>:(]

• Princess
    Princess

Too funny mom. Damn, why do I always miss the fun? At least Audrey heard you laughing!

Princess

• spender
    spender

I heard from my mom today....second time in 8 months. Boy she's really outdoing herself! <sarcasm> Perhaps i should DA myself so she won't call anymore.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

My wife and daughters went to a meeting with my mom in the town where I grew up. I guess because I was an inactive JW they felt the need to shunn my wife and girls as well. I guess if there was ever a chance to recruit my family, it was then...I guess they screwed that up ;)
    I think that is worthy of negative service hours.

Peace,
    Lizard

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hahha ohh how fun, the simple joys of shunning!!!

Wish I'd been there to go and talk to them hahahahha

Ven

• Kristen
    Kristen
    "...two of her buddies shunned me, but I was warmly greeted by a disfellowshipped person."

the irony of it all...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mulan,

I've heard there's a revised Field Service Report form which has an extra column for "Shuns". Like, how many shuns can you make today? How those gals musta liked putting the number of shuns on their Field Service Reports!

The way the numbers of Dubs are decreasing, I'd say there'd be a large increase in shuns available!!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• anewlife
    anewlife

I understand the "shunning" all too well. My favorite is how they go back to the other witnesses in the congregation and say "how bad" you look. Of course, we all know that once you leave the organization you begin to age faster, not care about your appearance, let yourself go etc. Even if you look better than you ever looked in years they will never admit it! I admit at first being shunned was hard...now I just lift my head up and shun them if that's what they think they have to do to me. I'm a really wonderful person so I consider it their loss to not talk to me!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit