Mays JW TV Broadcast/Your feedback is appreciated

by ToesUp 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
  • MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    Beware of the GB, who desire to go around in fancy suits, love greetings in the kingdom halls, the best seats in the district assemblies, and the best places at bethel, who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

MarkSutter - "Beware of the GB, who desire to go around in fancy suits, love greetings in the kingdom halls, the best seats in the district assemblies, and the best places at bethel, who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."

Nice.

• freddo
    freddo
    What happened to Ananias and Sapphira when they went'a telling half-truths about their finances? And they were giving money not taking it!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Good point freddo!!!
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

".....money, it's a hit, don't give me that do-goody-good buuull shit"

Quote from the sayings of the wise prophet Pink Floyd.

• dugout
    dugout
    Clearly they need money for their many suits that going on for the sexual abuse
  • All for show
    All for show

Some still In friends, faithful and sadly asleep, said they are so discouragedby the broadcasts. People have to work and are struggling and these men are clueless. They are missing more meetings than ever to support their family because of their situation. I have never heard them so depressed and frustrated.

hopefully more people will see how out of touch and abusive this group is.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    All for show6 minutes agoSome still In friends, faithful and sadly asleep, said they are so discouragedby the broadcasts.

Do you mean the broadcasts in general, or this specific one? If it's this specific month, I'd be curious to know what was said by those who are "asleep".

I did notice that over on jwtalk dot net, the monthly "dancing in the Kool Aid fountain" that typically occurs when the monthly broadcast is released is strangely absent this month. Most of the posts on the thread relate to technical questions on how to download, etc. There is one depressing post about how someone will buy less fresh food, cancel cable TV, and potentially cash out life insurance policies to increase their donations.

• All for show
    All for show

Respectful observer

in General they feel they are off base,but this month, wanting more money for projects that aren't necessary since "Jehovah needs no one" and the example of the guy quitting to make meeting and not going to a different hall was how they say examples and rules get made. They never missed meetings before,now they do all the time, they are in severe financial strain...all of it makes them sick. They were beyond exasperated. What's sad is like so many, they played by the WTS rules and now they are suffering.

Maybe we need a new thread with still in people's reactions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit