I got a letter from the Society

by voltaire 4 Replies latest jw friends

• voltaire
    voltaire

Actually, it was from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Nice envelope and letter head. In case you don't recall my situation(why should you?), after about 5 years of steadily growing doubts, I finally quit going out in service. Of course, that prompted a visit by the elders. I told them frankly that I didn't believe a word of what the WT taught. It took them 1 week to get back with me. "Either you're with us or you're against us." They told me I'd be disfellowshipped. (that's not really a bad thing, mind you. I wastired of the hiding/deception. Now I feel right with the world) Strangely, two weeks after that, I was visited by two more elders with a rather different message. They invited me back to the meetings, said they'd like to talk about things more. They assured me they weren't there to force me to believe something I didn't believe. Lot's of talk of free will, yada yada yada. They encouraged me to write a letter tothe society.

In the letter I told I don't believe in a literal Genesis account. I referred to most of the issues that are discussed in Ray's book and on this forum, blood, UN, pedophilia, etc. I didn't say where I had read about them. But they got the point. They said that if I continued to express disagreement with the society's "Bible-based position", that the elders would not consider me to be one JWs any longer and that they could take action to protect the congregation. they encouraged me not to talk to those who are trying to tear down all that God is accomplishing through his organization(that would be you people!).

The thing is, I moved and the elders don't know where I live. So, despite being so open with the brothers, I'm thinking that they may just let it drop. They can write letters and invite me to a judicial committe, but that's all. Don't think I'll go. They can't even accuse me of anything in writing. Oh well. Life's interesting!

• messenger
    messenger

Why don't you put up a scan of the letter? Your comments help to show how much free will you actually have when you are a baptized JW.

NONE...

• RR
    RR

Yes, scan the letter, and blot out any names, etc. Would like to see that NEW letterhead!

• sf
    sf

"Either you're with us or you're against us."

Bush is your elder?????

sKally:

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• LDH
    LDH

---->> Starts chant.

SCAN!

SCAN!

SCAN!

SCAN!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit