I guess it was a sherpherding call?!

by lv4fer 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Well we got a little visit from a ministerial servant that lives up the road from us. He is kind of a strange fellow, older man kind of rambles on a lot, not the brightest star in the sky. He came by to see how we were, to show his concern for my family because we have missed alot of meetings lately and we missed (god forbid) the special talk. He started off by saying that he's missed us and then he started telling us about the special talk and how the same talk was given in all the congs. around the world. He then proceeded to tell us how all of christendom is going to die and onlyl Jehovahs Witnesses will be saved at armageddon. He was saying how christendom doesn't believe in the ransome sacrifice and I said wait a minute, you can't speak for other people and you can't judge them. I turned the tables and asked him what is the single most important thing that we must do to gain everlasting life. He kind of stammered a bit and then said well we have to proclaim jehovahs name to the world. I said no your wrong, the bible says that in order to be saved we have to accept Jesus Christ as our savior that is what will determine wether you will be saved. He started saying some other stuff. Telling my husband and I we should study the Require brochure, I then said no we currently are studying the bible not any particular book or publication. We seemed to be getting alot out of it. I then told him it was late and that I didn't mean to be rude my husband and I have to get up early and would like to go to bed soon. He said oh and then apologized for staying so long (hour or so).

A funny side point is I have this dog (lab mix) she's a real sweetie wouldn't hurt a fly. During the time he was talking to us the dog was about 3 feet away and everytime he started raising his voice as he was speaking she would look over at him and us and start growling at him real quietly! It was great. I guess she could feel our tension with him.

My husband then said after he left that my wish to slowly fade away will probably not happen that things are going to start happening.

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

That's why I love dogs, they are great judges of character!! I like they answers you gave him, I may have to use them if I get a call or visit. I'm trying to fade also....so far so good.

Shimmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit