I'm a busy ex-JW nowadays - life continues on

by Liquidizer 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

I thought that my life would stop after having left the JW's but it's on the contrary. I'm a moderator at H2O in Finnish -section and I'm also along with a support group for Ex-JW's here in my country. On top of that I'm busy in a couple of associations, in one of which I'm a member on the board of directors dealing with personel management. So there are a plenty of work to do but I'll try to write here every now and then. At least I can polish my rusty English here... :-)

Yours,

Markus/Liquidizer

P.S. I'm the same Markus who was mentioned on the Watchtower, the first issue of January, 1997, in the turn of pages 4 and 5. If they only knew in Brooklyn that I'm an unitarian universalist now... ;-D

----

This is the end of the world
    As we know it
    And I feel fine

-R.E.M.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Liquidizer. Is it possible to post that watchtower article here? I would love to read it. Thank you.

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

Yes, it is possile, Dutchie. The following quotation is from my web page:

----

A few people among the Witnesses have tasted this delicacy. It would indeed be wrong to say that I didn’t got positive attention from both the organisation’s and the local congregation’s part as well. At that time I considered the leaving from the Jehovah’s Witnesses almost impossible. But if there is something good, there is also bad.

To be accurate, one can get from the writing that faulty idea that I would have started to use a wheelchair immediately after the diagnosing of my muscle disease at the age of 6. I began in reality to use the wheelchair at about the age of 14. When we visited in a healing meeting with my mother, I was about 9-year-old boy and was able to walk rather normally at that time. It is an unnecessary dramatisation to create the image of a small boy in a wheelchair in front of the belief healer — only because of promoting the organisation in a hidden way.

The second mistake concerns the couple that visited with me first. They did not succeed in starting the book study with me. The man of the couple in question dropped in on me for one and a half years. Then the area of my home was transferred to a sister who had just come from the pioneer school and in quite a sincere mind succeeded in finding the right cord from which to pull. The husband of the pioneer sister began to lead the study after a couple of study sessions.

Somebody can now say, that, well, mistakes do happen to all of us. It’s true. But if the writer interprets in this kind of careless way my experiences sent by me to the Society, how will he then act in the serious questions of theology and policy, questions that affect on the life of about six million people?

The following quote is from the Watchtower mentioned above. The last sentence is still someway true even though I don't believe in the organisation anymore.

*** w97 1/1 4-5 Why Should We All Praise God? ***

In Finland, six-year-old Markus was diagnosed with an incurable muscle disease. Soon he was confined to a wheelchair. A few years later, his mother took him to a Pentecostal who was gaining wide publicity by claiming to cure sick people. But there was no miraculous healing. So Markus lost interest in God and pursued studies in science and other secular fields. Then about five years ago, a woman in a wheelchair accompanied by a young man came to the house where Markus lived. They were Jehovah’s Witnesses. Markus was now an atheist, but he had no objection to discussing religion and invited them in.

Later, a married couple visited him, and a Bible study was started. Eventually, the power of Bible truth changed Markus’ view of things, and he realized that despite his disability, he really did have reasons to praise God. He said: “I am very happy because I have found the truth and the organization that Jehovah is using. My life now has direction and meaning. Another lost sheep has been found and does not want to leave Jehovah’s flock!”—Compare Matthew 10:6.

----

This is the end of the world
    As we know it
    And I feel fine

-R.E.M.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit