Shunning Us

by Dawn 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I guess that since I'm new I've probably missed something.........

But shouldn't "YouKnow" and "MavMan" be shunning us? After all - we're like.....df'd, da'd, and possible even APOSTATE??!!!

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy their posts because I always want to have an open mind and hear both sides of a discussion - but it seems to me that if they truly believed the organization was Jehovah's only source of information and the only "ark" so to speak, they would do what it said and not be spending time (lots of time) on an anti-JW discussion board.

My dad was an elder before he passed away recently - he was always willing to listen to my questions and try to answer them (a good thing - open mind) - but he truly believed the JW was God's organization and would not in any way have anything to do with an anti-JW web-site, material, etc!!

So MavMan and YouKnow - what's up?!!

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

All are welcome...trolls are well loved......I luv em anyways....keeps everyone on their toes....but yes 'technically' jw's should not be frequenting this site..but Mavman said he was disfellowshipped anyways......

It was a joke! And you fell for it like the fascists you are! - Rick - The Young Ones

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

When we say JWs shouldnt be on these sites, dont we really mean that they are told not to come to these sites? The same as they are told not to watch R rated movies, or listen to too much music or have sex or breast feed, or have unicorns, or any of the other numerously silly things that witnesses believe, either from Watchtower literature, or from urban legends.

Personally, if a witness is a witness, so be it. Unless they are specifically telling someone else not to be doing something that they are doing, I dont consider them hypocrits. They might be rules breakers, but to qualify as a hypocrit you must espouse a specific thing, not do that thing yourself, and then chide others who, like you, are not doing that thing.

Unless those two started given me crap because I was on this board, I wont consider it hypocritical for them to be here. Although of course it technically is against the rules, and is even something which can, and has gotten people Disfellowshipped.

Not me though, and I told the elders I went to ALL the apostate sites.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Quote: "When we say JWs shouldnt be on these sites, dont we really mean that they are told not to come to these sites? "

Thanks HIghlandyr - that is what I meant but I wasn't very clear. I didn't mean that they weren't welcome - just wondering why they were associating with us if they're told not to. Seems they are ready to defend their faith but then again, breaking the rules - I was just a little confused.

• SYN
    SYN

Well, they're dead anyway, so they might as well enjoy it, because according to the WTBTS reading Apostate literature (like this site for instance) is ground for death via disfellowshipping. They might not believe in the God-given authority of the FDS anymore, you know! The horror!

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I, quite frankly, like that active witnesses come here. Usually, they aren't active very long.

Any witnesses reading this, WELCOME!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit