Here is an NBC story that discusses the Child Abuse Telememo

by nonjwspouse 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I am not sure which thread this was debated on, but in this memo: 'In reporting states, the form instructs officials to advise local elders “to make an anonymous phone report from a neutral location, such as a phone booth” '

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21917798/ns/nbcnightlynews/t/new-evidence-jehovahs-witness-allegations/#slice-3

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It was in this thread from 3 years ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/180508/1/Its-WT-leaders-not-elders-who-are-responsible-for-all-the-harm-My-Geneva-Switz-lecture-posted-here-for-new-ones-Sola-Scriptura-to-read

When local laws require elders to report allegations of child abuse, why has the Watchtower Society never disclosed to JWs that it directs elders to make the reports anonymously from public telephone booths? Why keep this information secret? If elders want to trumpet their moral stance, they should have proudly identified who they were and who the perpetrator was.

I have a copy of the telememo which I showed to the Police because I was so disgusted and horrified by question #9 "How many elders felt that the victim was somewhat at fault or willingly participated in the act".

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Where does one even find a phone booth these days? Not that I agree with the utter lack of transparency or concern they show for the VICTIM, of course.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not to mention that the police simply aren't able to investigate just any old anonymous tip from a public phone; they need to be able to make follow-up contact with the specific individuals who make the report and have their identities and statements on file for future reference.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "How many elders felt that the victim was somewhat at fault or willingly participated in the act?"

Despite everything I know about religious conservatism, the gaping logic-flaws in its ideology, and its insistence on holding ideas that are so fundamentally wrong they're laughable, this one still makes me facepalm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit