A rant regarding Gonzalo Campo and Youtube

by okage 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• okage
    okage

News Team 10 in San Diego reported on Campo's actions with that revealing video deposition by Campo himself. By the policies created and ordered by the Watchtower Society, Gonzalo Campo was protected as a known serial pedophile and awarded a position of authority and access to children after the fact.

When Candace Conti's story became public, many active Witnesses denied it was even a thing. Others who couldn't deny it sought to blame her and in a personal conversation between myself and a handful of Jehovah's Witnesses, I learned that there were those among the ranks who believe any nine year old girl is capable of seducing a grown man. Regardless of view, most all Witnesses with a pro-Watchtower opinion on the matter argued that the Watchtower Society shouldn't be held accountable for a rank and file member's actions.

Well, now it is an Elder, and it is an Elder who received that appointment after committing multiple acts of molestation on young boys. Cedars on JWSurvey did an awesome job of detailing the events as they were made available to him and the general public. Gonzalo Campo's story is much bigger and affects many more lives and families than Candace Conti's story.

But only one secular source as I've seen has reported anything about it, and I am so concerned as to why?

Many here can and will argue that the Watchtower Society isn't a big enough threat to merit mainstream coverage. To the activists and the counselors and the anecdotals on this site, why doesn't this merit mainstream coverage? There are so many touched by the Watchtower Society and their cultist control mentality. Should a Catholic priest pass gas in front of a child, it makes headlines around the world. A muslim state arrests a woman for reporting rape and it makes international reading.

It's not Muslims or Catholics knocking on our doors when our children are home. It's not Baptists or Buddhists being invited into our houses to talk about God. It's Jehovah's Witnesses.

And Jehovah's Witnesses support the Watchtower, who has been found legally responsible for creating policies that protect child molestors in their congregation.

Last week, several big name Youtube Atheists took on Jehovah's Witnesses for their propaganda work, but with minimal knowledge of the Watchtower's workings or previous histories. The effort was looking at the Sparlock video and offering commentary based entirely on societal acceptance.
    TJ Kirk aka The Amazing Atheist, Daniel Sulzbach aka MrRepzion, and Jaclyn Glenn aka JaclynGlenn were a few of the bigger names and their videos were similar but with varying levels of intensity. I feel they're effort was wasted because they could have opened alot of eyes.

MrRepzion's video as of the time of this writing has received 39,151 hits while he has a fan base of 115,131.

Amazing Atheist received 141,424 views with a fan base of 441,446 subscribers.

JaclynGlenn received 21,373 views on her Sparlock video with a fan base of 40,591.

This was five days ago. To put in in perspective (and no offense to Cedars' work), John Cedars most popular video received 18,991 views with a subscriber fan base of 531, and it has that many views after 6 months. And at no point am I dumping on Cedars or even that number of views because almost 19,000 people saw truth when they watched it. You could pack the Staples Center in Los Angeles with all the people who saw the video.

My point here is that Cedars actively tries to expose the Watchtower and enlighten the populace and his top video received less views in six months than JaclynGlenn's throwaway Sparlock video in five days. When the mainstream (albeit Youtube's mainstream) touch on just a minor Watchtower screwup, they reach 200,000+ people. There is so much power in the mainstream and it gets wasted on crappy cartoon propaganda videos while things like Malawi rape and torture, Candace Conti and Gonzalo Campo, tax fraud and hedgefunds, and murder by blood doctrine go ignored.

Why?

• Simon
    Simon

The media likes simple topics. They don't like complex things that needs analysis or to be explained.

They also like themes ... once one news story 'breaks' they go looking for other similar ones (so lots of rollercoaster news right now).

The thing to promote right now is probably anything to do with race and discrimination.

• okage
    okage

That is very disheartening. In a sense, one could argue that many people don't really want the world safe or happy.

Yeah, it's race and discrimination now with Zimmerman and that other woman in Florida who tried Stand Your Ground. Then when racial tension eases, it'll be missing children or immigration. Before no time, it'll be the Winter Olympics. Then whatever other theme, then the Summer Olympics, then "Who's America's next president?"

And unfortunately, yes, I'm applying this to international media. Why Canada or Brazil care who the US President is beyond me, but we're not really hearing anything in the states about who is running Peru or Norway each term.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit