Need help finding a watchtower!!

by outofthelionsden 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me with this!

Yesterday my husband talk to his jw sister (they haven't talked in years) she found out by her other brothers that we no longer go to meeting . She grew up as a Jw then left and married a "wordly person"got divorced and recently started going to the meetings. so yesterday talking with my hubby she was very interested in what he was saying about the JW's, she couldn't deny what he was telling her!!

So here's the thing, she wants me to email her about the origins of the name 'Jehovah" But she only wants watchtower publications and nothing from "old" literature since it could be "Old light". I have older watchtowers but nothing more resent. My husband remembers reading a watchtower or awake that came out 3 or 4 years ago that said that the Tetragrammaton was made with adding adonai and created in the 1200 and so on...I really want to take advantage of her asking for information !! Thanks

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi outofthelionsden, Have you looked on www.jw.org? The following link will allow you to view WTBTS propaganda as far back as 2010: http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/ . If you want to view older propaganda, I would use Google search to look for older publications.

By the way was it: Honor Jehovah’s Great Name, The Hebrew text used by the early Christians contained the Tetragrammaton, w13 3/15 pp. 24-28 - The Watchtower—2013? I used the following link to do a word search: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/4811.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Comatose
    Comatose

She can't refuse to read old publications... They chose the name 50 yrs ago. They obviously wrote about more back then...

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

abiblestudent-Thank you for helping, I did go on Jw.org but couldnt find what i was looking for. the magazine came out maybe in 2010 or so. Im hoping to find something that gives the right accurate information on the history , especially that Raymundus Martini was the one to make up the name.

Comatose- even though she wants the "new light" stuff which dose not make sense, I'm still going to send her what I have. You can deny what they wrote!!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the WTS used "Jehovah" from the beginning just not to the degree it does today.

1931 Jehovah's Witnesses = 82 years

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Aid to Bible Understanding (1971) - must be a huge book cause the reference is on pages 884-885

Now... the pdf? Can't help you - not a JW. *sigh* Sorry...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I admire your interest in trying to help this blinkered JW, but you will achieve little or nothing unless you can get a JW to "think outside the box. The Box being the prison that the WT holds their mind in.

Ask "Why are JW's so afraid of the truth ?" it matters not where truth is found, but that it is truth. And Truth will stand any scrutiny.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I would also mention that the current WT CD Rom contains and article that encourages looking into older literature from the organization.

Here is snippets from the article that someone compiled key points. I look at it as a "foot in the door" so that you can justify using the older publications.

w57 5/15 p. 313 Appreciating Basic Christian Publications

"Their zeal for knowledge may even prompt them to dig back into things that were published long before they came into the truth, expanding and deepening their understanding, and ever growing in Christian maturity. Do you dig into our older publications to expand and deepen your knowledge on subjects about which questions arise? Have you really studied these earlier publications? How is your background of knowledge? Never think: "Oh, I know most of that." For you will find, indeed, that you do not and that you will be strengthened by your additional study...once you have completed your study of them you can then look to even older publications. Only by studying earlier publications and digging back through previous issues of The Watchtower kept in the library at your local Kingdom Hall. There is much in the way of spiritual riches and aid toward mature knowledge in these earlier publications, and their study is most certainly worth your time."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit