DC "Jehovah's Witnesses have been banned"

by Separation of Powers 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Several weeks ago, I had the opportunity to attend one of the DC. The final drama was quite interesting as it depicted a "ban" on the Jehovah's Witness religion without an explanation as to WHY? I'm sure many in the audience pondered on what they had learned from their previous studies i.e that Babylon the Great would fall and then that Gog of Magog would eventually turn his attention to the organization. However, that is not what the drama stated NOR did it infer that. It simply spoke of the "ban."

I found it funny (not silly funny but interesting funny) that they used the example of Esther as the basis for being "prepared." That, I must admit, was a bit of a stretch. Here we have a jewess abandon her belief system in marrying a heathen worshipper of Ahura Mazda (interesting that the drama used the name of the Persian god) and finds herself living within the harem. No one around her knows she's a jewess, obviously either scared or embarassed to say and not discussing her beliefs with others. Then, there is the whole retaliation aspect of the story where the Jews rise up to protect themselves and because they were SO succesful in vanquishing their enemies within the realm on THAT day, they even request another day to chase down those that got away to exterminate them! Definitely NOT the ideal story to apply to a modern day Christian.

In any event, I think the most interesting unanswered question in the drama is WHY are they banned? There are a myriad of scenarios other than the expected Wild Beast turning against the organization. It is not a stretch to expect that government will eventually crack down on religion, particularly as atheism continues to spread. But, what will be the cause of the "ban" if one does occur?

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Separation of Powers-Esther could hardly be said to have abandoned her belief system. She lived at a times where women had no say in what happened to them. All the attractive women in the district were rounded up and sent to the King to be bedded for a night, and if he liked them, he kept them around.

The WTBTS will use ANY example and attempt to force it to fit a situation. They could've made an example of the Rich Man and Lazarus eating pizza, one with everything on it and one with only cheese, fit whatever they were trying to convey and everyone in the audience would comment on how fitting it was. The WTBTS makes no sense at all, never have, never will.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Esther did NOT " wait on Jehovah."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All those technicalities do not matter.

All the JDubs will be whispering that the GB must have some "insider" knowledge via their divine direction that a ban is close! Plus were we not recent warned to be prepared with an emergency evacuation kit? They might have suggested that it was preparation for hurricanes or tornados but we all know that it's really to have us all prepared for THE BAN!

Better not miss the midweek Bookstudy as that is what will no doubt be the core group for all JWs once the ban is in place since the KHs will likely be closed. [OOPS! Forgot........the Bookstudy is Old News or Old Lite.........new arrangement still pending.]

Doc

• HowTheBibleWasInvented
    HowTheBibleWasInvented

The reason behind this is very clear.

The WTS is losing money very fast. It is also losing many members.

Thus you may notice the new target is children and teens who can still be brainwashed.

The 'ban' idea is propaganda however it might be a half truth. With recent real estate deals, flat out misquoting science journals, child sex cases, mind control problems the WTS knows eventually in the next few years a government of some country (maybe in europe) will shut them down.

Thus the goal is for a secret organnization behind what is seen to gevernments. Thus the drama.

In fact with the governing body at the top using branches via e-mail and printing being done in canada alot (for north america) the WTS is ready to go undercover as best they can.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Hell I remember back in the 60's how they would talk about being banned. And how us kids would be taken away from our parents and put in worldly peoples homes and be forced to do bad things. The nightmares I had on this. So all I can say is same old, same old crap they are bringing out. Totally ADD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So by using the example of Esther, if JWs get banned the congregations have to prepare their daughters to sleep with whoever can get WT unbanned? Isn't that short-sighted? Shouldn't the congregations prepare their sons to sleep with whoever can get WT unbanned, too?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Unlike bible dramas of the past, today's DC dramas are pure fiction. I told my wife that if I wanted to see fiction I would go to the movies where there's real actors and a real screenplay. 2010 is when I saw my last poor fiction drama on how Jews returned to Jerusalem to finally get trapped in 70...I also learned how elders of old kept records of hours spent in the ministry...Bible book, chapter and verse please!

• Praise YaHuWaH
    Praise YaHuWaH

Pure propagandist garbage.... That is what these dramas are... PURE DRAMA.... The Governing Body realizes that they must step up the "urgency" among the rank and file and so put out this dribble. Its the "US AGAINST THE WORLD" type of emotional rahrahzispoombah... The typical JW eats this stuff up. They like to feel special and a sense of urgency which allows them to be able to not have to focus on real issues like abuse in the JW organization as well as the UN deception, shunning, apostacy and on and on...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit