The Divine Name King James Bible

by JakeM2012 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

A friend sent me a link about the King James Bible translating the "Divine Name". Maybe this is why there are no new NWT bibles available.

The web site states:

"With history behind us and hundreds of Bible prophecies fulfilled, there is no Biblical mystery at all as to who it is that is the Christ. However with God’s name removed from most Bibles and replaced with LORD not much is logical about the use of the words lord or christ. Why do we say that? Lord means owner or master and christ as a title means anointed by a lord or master."

http://www.dnkjb.net/

• mP
    mP

I think the definition anoited by lord or master is a bit wrong. Anoited simply means one selected for a position. King Saul was anoited when he became the first king of Israel. He couldnt have been anoited by another king because he was the first. There is no need for another lord or master to do the anoiting.

However its interesting that the concept of ownership or superiority is present in both meanings. The Bible is not a book of freedom its a book to condemn the masses under the thumb of their superiors regardless of how big an areshole they are. Nearly ever jewish king was a a terrible despot that did unspeakable crimes agianst their subjects. its of course no wonder bad things happened to them. Solomons cruelty destroyed his united kingdom.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"A friend sent me a link about the King James Bible translating the "Divine Name". Maybe this is why there are no new NWT bibles available. "

No way. NWT is produced by WTB&TS, the DNKJV is a translation made by others and not distributed by the WTB&TS. It additionally has kept many of the errors of the KJV and is not very recommendable. Additionally, please remember that the US in not always = the World. If there is a shortage of NWT in the US, there is no shortage in other parts of the world, over here in Europe it is available as always.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

I believe this KJ version with Divine Name was done by a JW.

Notice it is the original KJV which means it is in the public domain. That is why the person was able to publish it as there is no copyright. No translating here, just replacing LORD with Jehovah.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Mindnumbed, definately a JW, or xJW, who has not lost the belief that the "Divine Name" should be in the N.T.

The preface sounds like it was writtien by the WT itself ! it says that what it refers to as "Scientific examination" of all the Manuscripts leads to the conclusion that what we have in our posession is what was written originally.

Textual Criticism has established no such thing of course, just the opposite.

It is noteworthy that no evidence is produced, not one reference, for the assertions made in the Preface.

Very Watchtower like, it wouldn't surprise me if the hand of Greg Stafford was in this, or one or more of his acolytes.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Lord means owner or master and christ as a title means anointed by a lord or master."

• *lost*
    *lost*

Watched an interesting utube clip this morning regarding 'je-hovah''.

Apparently it hails from Germany originally, and first appeared in the English in William Tyndales translation of '' The 5 books of Moses, published in 1530 in Germany.

It is hotly debated if YHVH of YHWH is correct rendition of the tetragrammatron, and the true meaning.

The clip talks about IDEOGRAM's. and gives the 'meaning' of the words.

Yud = hand

Hey = behold or look

Wah = nail.

''behold the hand, behold the nail''.

Interesting stuff.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I noticed the DNKJ Bible has all the original wordings, ones that the NWT changed.

Has anyone read the online 2001 bible translation? I firmly believe this too is the work of a xjw still held in the beliefs, but not all. ( The blood issue is one I believe that the authors do not agree with) They insist on being anonymous.

• *lost*
    *lost*

1969 jw Bible. Was removed and changed. There used to be the word translation or explanation (something like that) and to carry on with their trickery and to fool everyone, the got rid of it. Someone told me this other day that

before my time, anyone else got any more info on it ??

• Zagor Almanah
    Zagor Almanah

Anyone here know where I can buy a good KJB. Thanks a lot in advance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit