FBI & Clergy Response

by turtleturtle 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

2 questions:

1) Anyone know if the WT or local congs got involved in this:

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937987

2) A JW mentioned how the FBI infiltrated the congs way back when, but when the operatives were found out, they were DF'd. Can I have the reference for this (if any)?

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

I remember, a little over a year ago, when there was an announcement from the platform (I believe it was a letter from the branch), that said "do what governments tell you in times of crisis".

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am in a rush. Every country discounts civil liberties in times of military peril. Hoover blackmailefd presidents and, Senators, and legislstors. The Catholic church and JWs were infiltrated. Hoover did not need prosecutions. The mere hint or rumor ruined lawful groups and individual s. Rutherford begged for it. My.mom would cry about the FBI decades later. It was.noy poor Rutherford but destroyed individuals with no power.

Hoover did notinvestigate organized crime. He was too busy with pacifists and any group not on the extreme right. Experts say he did little against espionage. Look at Nixon and John Lennon. There is oversight from the president, AG, and Congress. The WTBTS has toned down its stance. General principles are stated. I doubt you have key Bethelites inciting people to break laws. They lawyered up.

Also, Americans seem to be not so trusting of govt. FBI abuses can let you win staggering damages. The scientist fir st implicated in the anthrax terror won aln enormous aeard.I am certain the money does not begin to compensate for a life in tatters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit