Did it trip your brain when non-JW Christians got persecuted?

by Wayward Son 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

The foretold turn of Gubberment on religion hasn't begun yet. That event is supposed to happen with a "swift pitch", an event that will be unmistakable at it's onslaught. For the time being, any violence toward "Babylon the Great" cannot be attributed to the fulfillment of Revelation 18.

Only Christ's true followers were supposed to suffer persecution for their faith. So when non-JW Christian persecution appeared in the news, what kind of confusion, if any, did it conjur up in your mind?

We had one elder in our congregation explain that other religions were not being persecuted for following Jesus, they were being persecuted for NOT following Jesus.

Huh?

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

Why, yes it did, Wayward. I could never understand how that could be.

BTW, awesome thread!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Do you mind if I join in with your conversation Wayward?

I never really gave it much thought until I was almost fully awake to TTATT. Then I realized teaching that JWs being persecuted for their faith was not unique and was just another one of the WTs subtle lies. Like world conditions worse since 1914, JWs the only ones preaching, JWs fullfiling the scripture about having love among themselves, and so on.

• carla
    carla

Sometimes I think my jw thinks that those persecuting the Christian is just confused and got the wrong person. Should have been the jw's. No worries, persecution is coming for him any day now. Of course just disagreeing with him is considered 'persecution' by him ..... he is so lucky! he is constantly being persecuted therefore he must be a strong jw! makes perfect sense.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm sure most JWs would just say it proves how evil the world is with all its hatred, wars, etc.

If it doesn't fit the WT template, it can't be "the truth"....

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So when I mentioned that in addition to the 700 incarcerated witnesses in South Korea there were 70,000 additional Christians in North Korea, this is how it was received and realized I had 70,700 additional people to pray for, this is how the informaton was received, huh...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

When I learned about Christians of many denominations being persecuted in Muslim countries it just added to a big growing pile of doubts and cognitive dissonance I was building up, all of which led me to ttatt.

• jam
    jam

I will never forget I ask an elder, don't you think there are

very few religious organization that have been persecuted

more then the Jews. His response " they rejected Jesus and

they are Jews". Ok, that's a little racist. Then I ask him, didn't

they start this religion? Well yes , but their persecution don't count

it's all in vain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit