If the "Governing Body" arrangement is so effective and sanctioned by Jehovah

by confusedandalone 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Then why in the world was it only effective for what 10 years tops beforeit dissappears?

THere is never any direct mention of it anywhere - and even if implied how many decisions did it make? If it was such a cornerstone and vital to the proper flow of GOD'S EARTHLY ORGANIZATION why doesn't it have a clear track record of existence as well as successful decisions

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

In elder school at Patterson in 2009 this is the example they gave us to prove there is a GB. Heb. 13:17 were it says "Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive." Then we went to the footnote on the bottom of the page which said "verse17 taking the lead among you" they show in the footnote "Or,'are governors of you" Gr. he-gou-me' nois hy-mon'. See Mt 2:6 ftn, "Governors."

So by this footnote which as far as I know is only in the NWT they have come up with a group of man who are the GB which runs this cult. To me this was a very lame way of trying to convince us that having a GB is scriptural. Totally ADD

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well the Pope is supposed to be infallible and how is that working out for their Church? JWs are such wimpy followers that the GB can get away with whatever they want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit