Anddon'tcallmeshirley, do you have a little more of...Just like the Catholics

by carla 4 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Could you possibly post more of the quote from the transcript? or a link (I have lost my link)-thanks.

"In the case involving the cong. in Menlo Park, Ca., the WT attorney, Mr. Rouse, said this on page 4 of the court transcripts:

" I am general counsel of the National Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses out of Brooklyn, New York...this is one of our 13,000 congregations in the United States. We are a hierarchal religion structured just like the Catholic Church. And when the order from the Pope comes down in the Church defrocking a priest and kicking him out, he no longer has any say in any matter of the parish"."

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

I know I am going to sound like a dack, but I never respected the Catholic church as a religion. It is based off of total tradition and lies. It really upset me that I am still apart of an Organization not too far from it.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Hi Carla-

I have all the court documents on PDF. If you do a search here you may find the discussion that has the link to the documents in it.

Is there something specific you are looking for?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I think this discussion has some links to the court documents in it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/215238/1/New-court-docs-for-Menlo-Park-KH-scandal

I never respected the Catholic church as a religion. It is based off of total tradition and lies.

At least the CC openly admits that tradition has the greatest influence in their religion. WT is still in denial.

on page 5 of the same transcript, the WT attorney, Mr. Rouse, continues his explanation. A Menlo Park elder, Jason Cobb, was removed from his position. Here is what Mr. Rouse said regarding that situation:

p.5:

".... He [Jason Cobb] claims he wants to be reinstated as a director and an officer in the Menlo Park Congregation. This is contrary to our church rules and regulations and bylaws.

We brought our organizational bylaws book, our rule book here, and we are prepared to present witnesses that this is a hierarchal organization. It is governed from the top down."

• carla
    carla

Thank you! the link should help me, thanks again.

I'm not carrying water for the Catholic church here, just find it ironic that the wt has bashed the Catholics for so long yet agree that they are set up exactly like the Catholic church. My jw has continuously said how different the jw's were from the Catholics, nice to have a bit from wt lawyers saying they are just like them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit