I need a change.

by Defianttruth 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

I am thinking of renting a house in Europe from Nov 2013 to Feb 2014. Any suggestions? I am leaning to the south of France.

• cedars
    cedars

South of France sounds very nice. Can't argue with that!

Cedars

• DJS
    DJS

The S. of France is beautiful. Heck, the entire country is gorgeous. I spent a week in the S. of France last fall, on the Mediterranian. Go for it.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I lived over 13 years in the South of France, and my JW mom and sis still lives there.
    I can ask...

They live in Fréjus; between Cannes and St. tropez. An hour and a half from Italy...

It's a good date to actually find something. However, it's winter and although usually sunny, it's can get a little chilly.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Defianttruth, I'm soooooo envious of you - go for it!!

When you make reservations for a place, people who I know that travel and stay in places for a long time, use www.vrbo.com to book apartments and studios. Those same people will also use www.travelzoo.com to search for travel deals and for local daily promotions for entertainment and meals.

All of France is a great place to visit and the French are very friendly as long as you say hello, say good-bye, and attempt to speak in French. The south of France along the Mediterranean Sea is your best choice for sunny weather, location to visit other countries, and to visit local points of interest. If you like to ski, the French Alps are another good choice and also close to other countries. I love Paris and Normandy in September to October although Normandy does get a little wet after mid-September.

Enjoy!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DJS
    DJS

Sorry admin and everyone, but I just posted this as a news untitled topic when I mean to respond to an exisiting topic. I will blame being a newbie!!

I have been to Frejus, Cannes, St. Tropez and San Rafael (maybe the mos beautiful city in the world - no wait that would be Cannes, or San Tropez). I traveled the coastal highway one day from S. of Hyeres to Monte Carlo. Breathtaking. Amazing. Awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit