Does the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" have a free pass to be able to judge others

by I_love_Jeff 6 Replies latest jw friends

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

It seems we have a contradicition here:

"Determining whether someone has gone far enough to be guilty of gross uncleanness or loose conduct is a serious responsibility, for lives are involved. Those judging such cases should do so prayerfully, asking God for his holy spirit, discernment, and understanding. Elders need to maintain the purity of the congregation and must base their judgment on God's Word as well as on the direction of "the faithful and discreet slave."

Watchtower Magazine 7/15/2006

"Jehovah can read hearts, while we cannot. This in itself is a good reason for us not to be judgmental. We do not know all of another person's motives. We should try to imitate Jehovah by not fixing our attention on human imperfections, which will eventually disappear."

3/15/08 Watchtower Magazine

• Laika
    Laika

If by faithful and discreet slave you mean 'the governing body' then yes, they can do whatever they want.

• somebody
    somebody

I love Jeff, they took over as "Supreme Judge" years ago! They appointed themselves as judges of others and continue to do so to this day. *** w58 8/1 p. 478 Questions From Readers *** Questions From Readers ? "One of Jehovah’s witnesses who claims to be of the anointed remnant recently went to the hospital and took a blood transfusion, voluntarily. Should she be allowed to partake of the emblems of bread and wine at Memorial time?—R. J., United States. We, of course, regret with you that this sister who professes to be one of the anointed remnant took a blood transfusion voluntarily during her stay in the hospital. We believe that she did the wrong thing contrary to the will of God. However, congregations have never been instructed to disfellowship those who voluntarily take blood transfusions or approve them. We let the judgment of such violators of God’s law concerning the sacredness of blood remain with Jehovah, the Supreme Judge. The only thing that can be done in the cases of individuals like this is to view them as immature and therefore not capable of taking on certain responsibilities, hence refusing to make certain assignments of service to such ones. Since an individual is not disfellowshiped because of having voluntarily taken a blood transfusion or having approved of a dear one’s accepting a blood transfusion, you have no right to bar this sister from the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal. As an anointed member of Christ’s body she is under orders and command by Christ Jesus to partake. Whether she is unfaithful as to what she professes to be by virtue of taking the emblems of the Lord’s Evening Meal is something for Jehovah God to determine himself. His judgment begins at the house of God. It is not for you or anyone serving the Memorial emblems to act as the judge, but to allow the emblems to go to anyone in the audience as these are passed along in the normal manner of letting each one have the opportunity to partake." I tried to bold and underscore, but can't figure out how at the moment. But I'm sure the point will jump right out itself. :-) peace, somebody

• Mum
    Mum

The answer to your question is a matter of opinion, of course. I think those who claim to be the F&DS believe they have a free pass to judge or do anything else to ruin other people's lives.

I do not agree. And the "purity" nonsense needs to go! JW's are no more "pure" than anyone else.

No one but God has any right to judge anyone else. It is incumbent upon each of us to accept our fellow human beings, treat them all the same and respect them all the same, and leave the sifting and judging up to God or Jesus or whoever has that assignment (who is no human being or other earthly being).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Actually all dubs have a free pass to judge others. Especially those outside the congregation

• SAHS
    SAHS

“I_love_Jeff”:

There apparently is no more “Faithful and Discreet Slave Class” of anointed ones; it now exists solely as the eight members of the Governing Body in Brooklyn, New York.

Interestingly, the Governing Body would like to come across as agreeing with that quote, “Jehovah can read hearts, while we cannot. This in itself is a good reason for us not to be judgmental.” HOWEVER, in actual practice, the Governing Body does, in fact, seek to ‘read people’s hearts’ by hierarchically directing all the organization’s representatives, right down to the elders, to “discipline” or even disfellowship anybody who dares to disagree with them or even just not fully play along.

“somebody”:

“We let the judgment of such violators of God’s law concerning the sacredness of blood remain with Jehovah, the Supreme Judge.”

The Governing Body may like us to think that this is the case; HOWEVER, try going against the Watchtower blood policy, and you’ll quickly find that they are only too happy to relay just exactly what the ‘Supreme Judge Jehovah’ has apparently decided in your case, and you will find yourself kicked out of their “spiritual paradise” before you even know what happened.

Remember the very first precept of a cult: The guru is always right, and you are always wrong. And also, of course, There is no honorable exit from a cult. In stark reality, the Watchtower is Jehovah, and it will always be only too happy to wield its God-given self-given power as judge, jury, and executioner on anyone they please.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

From the Jeremiah book, page 138:

" DISCIPLINE "TO THE PROPER DEGREE"

19. Another role of overseers today is that of spiritual judges.....

If the GB teach that the Elders are the "stars" of Revelation, and they are spiritual judges, then how do the GB/FDS view themselves? Would they be above or below the Elders in rank and authority as spiritual judges?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit