Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to call others names such as "Satan" or "viper" for example

by I_love_Jeff 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

if Jesus and Jehovah are the only ones who can/allowed to read hearts. In other words, Jesus and Jehovah give themselves permission to judge the Pharisees/ Sadducees. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to call others names such as "Satan" or "viper" for example if they are not allowed/able to read hearts?

I understand that since Jesus said some vicious comments to the Pharisees/Sadducees, such words would be deemed as acceptable to the Jehovah's Witness Dictionary of insults.

"Jehovah can read hearts, while we cannot. This in itself is a good reason for us not to be judgmental. We do not know all of another person's motives. We should try to imitate Jehovah by not fixing our attention on human imperfections, which will eventually disappear."

3/15/08 Watchtower Magazine

A Jehovah's Witness said this to me this morning:

"As for the magic thing, yes the watchtower magazines warn about the dangers involved in some forms of magic. But again, as stated, you will find no specific references to smurfs."

So if the publications do not give reference to a specific movie then it's okay to see Harry Potter???? Does that film not promote magic?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w95 10/15 p. 31 Watch Out for Self-Righteousness! ***

As Christians we need to identify the threat of self-righteousness before it strikes. We must avoid a superior attitude, the habit of judging others, and blind zeal based on human wisdom.

As we “watch out” for Pharisaic attitudes, instead of judging others as self-righteous, it would be better to focus on our own tendencies and inclinations. True, Jesus judged the Pharisees and condemned them as “offspring of vipers” deserving of eternal destruction. But Jesus could read people’s hearts. We cannot.—Matthew 23:33.

YET THE WTS JUDGES THEM

*** w90 1/15 p. 19 par. 13 Learning the Sacred Secret of Godly Devotion ***

Jesus’ hatred of lawlessness is nowhere better expressed than in his stinging denunciation of the viperous scribes and Pharisees, as recorded in Matthew chapter 23. There he pronounces a sevenfold “woe,” comparing them to ‘whitewashed graves—full of every sort of uncleanness, hypocrisy, and lawlessness.’ How Jesus yearned to deliver the oppressed people from that lawlessness! “Jerusalem, Jerusalem,” he cried out, “how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you.” (Verses 37, 38) The lawless clergy of our day merit a similar judgment because, in the words of 2 Thessalonians 2:12, ‘they do not believe the truth but take pleasure in unrighteousness.’ Their lawlessness is the very antithesis of the godly devotion that Jesus so loyally displayed while here on earth.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

WTBTS did not read the entire Mathew 23

34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

On that note the GB could be condemning the men and women Jesus sent to the multitude, Pharisees and, Scribes. Considering clergy are leaders of churches after Christ death. Where does it say clergy were going to be perfect people Peter, Priscilla, and Paul were not perfect. Ok Priscilla was perfect.

Through out history of Christianity, many clergies men and women lost their lives for freedom to preach about Jesus Christ! All though I believe in freedom of speech, an organization like the Jehovahs Witnesses really are so irresponsible to teach members prejudice and pure hate.

The majority of their magazines and books are just overwhelming proof and evidence that they have taught members to hate clergies. GB with their self rightouness attitudes have very little regards to Jesus Christ. There just too much evidence and that is why Kingdom Halls full of elders with puffed up pride. Members snub one another because a slight wrong word.

THIS RELIGION IS AWFUL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit