Yerba Mate: Drink of the gods (not including Jehovah)

by JamesThomas 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Preface: Jehovah's past exploits excludes him from anything that may benefited all of humankind.

Please share your knowledge and experience of Mate.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I tried it. I didn't notice any immediate effects. It was probably the best tasting drink that a primitive society had. Since it tasted better that bilge-water they figured it came from a GOD. It's all relative.

• JamesThomas
  • poppers
    poppers

Interesting - thanks for the info. Have you tried it JamesThomas? Where do you get it?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

What's the big thrill about yerba mate? They sell it in the "Fiesta" supermarket in Houston.

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

Never thought I would read a post about this here.. I HAVE BEEN DRINKING THIS FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS DAILY!!!! It's part of my breakfast and evening tea..for me I love drinking it but its also part of my culture. If you have any questions about it ask away I grew up with it daily lol

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Here, the Yellow Deli sells it loose leaf by the 5 lb bag!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Mate, in all it's forms, is clearly not for True Christians.

Consider:

Check Mate

Coffee Mate

Marriage Mate

School Mate

and, probably the most dangerous one of all....

UNBELIEVING MATE!!

So, dear Brothers & Sisters, avoid Mate in all it's demonic forms.

(Nice to hear from you James.)

om

• Satanus
    Satanus

Whats special about it?

S

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My son raves that it keeps him energetic, and it has health benefits, and he just really likes it. He never drank soda of any kind growing up. I think he might drink some coffee now, but that is his only caffiene. He took up the mate' habit while in college.

I got rather concerned a few years back when I would go into the Yellow Deli to eat, and the waiter ( this is entirely run by a cult BTW) overheard me say my son bought a french press for the mate, and the waiter asked if I was XXX's mom. I never mentioned my son's name, so it alarmed me he knew my son by name like that, and that that my son was there so much. Needless to say it worried the heck out of me for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit