Just remembered a conversation I had with my father.

by Butyoucanneverleave 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    When I started my fade I called my father to talk to him about some stuff that was bothering me. I got absolutely nowhere. He read Matthew 24:45-47. I finally asked him that if the governing body asked him to jump off of a bridge would he do it. I asked him this 3 times. And 3 times he replied "we'll have they ever". He just could not say no. He finally told me that nothing would come between him and Jehovah. Except a cult that makes him shun his own child. We haven't talked in years. It's so sad. Cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing. I know . I had it for years. I'm a stronger person now.
  • Floodguy
    Floodguy

I hear you. I asked my mother if the Society could ever say something that would make her question them. Her silence spoke volumes.

Whenever I raised a question about them or a teaching, she would never address it. She would instead question my motives and accuse me of wanting be like the world, and that I was leaving Jehovah. Automatically attribute ill will to my questions.

I had asked her thoughts on the sabbath, as Jesus had observed it, and in Matthew 5 had said that anyone teaching others to ignore the least of the commandments would be considered least in the kingdom. She told me I was being stupid. Several months later she died. On the sabbath.

Some of my family think my leaving killed her. She was rather fanatical so it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I've personally experienced it, many here have, and I'm sure many active J.W.'s are feeling it right now - the dreaded fear that they've committed so much to what they thought and believed was "God's earthly organization"!

It's a sickening feeling which prompts the question - either silently or audibly - "Where else can we go?"

To abandon the Org is to abandon God himself - because that's what the indoctrination process has taught them.

The silver lining in this cloud is that so many J.W.'s are going through the motions, either at meetings or in F.S. - and ceasing their donations also!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I finally asked him that if the governing body asked him to jump off of a bridge would he do it.

I asked him this 3 times. And 3 times he replied "well have they ever". He just could not say no.

You have to ask questions JWs can relate to..

Something the WBT$ has already Condemned,but Now Allows..

Would you use Blood Fractions..

......Made from Cows Blood?.................Would you Watch an Evangelical TV Show?!..

......http://ajwrb.fm.interiowo.pl/images/image010.jpg....................Image result for JW.ORG Broad casting.

....Would you Encourage People................Would you Use Religions Symbols..

...........To Use The Internet?!..............................On Your Kingdom Halls?!..

.......Image result for JW.ORG web site.....................Image result for kingdom hall JW.ORG

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    Mothers day makes me emotional because mine is no longer with me. My father is my only parent and for him to turn his back on me hurts. I wish he was the one who died instead of her. I know that sounds horrible but she would not shun me. She said that she would never turn her back on her children.
  • SoCal101
    SoCal101
    My brother and I were both raised in the org. I faded about 25 years ago and it was easy. At the time my first wife and I moved to the other side of our large city and the elders at the new hall barely new us, so they didn't miss us much when we stopped service and meeting attendance. We received a couple elder visits but we would just never answer the door. Then we moved to yet another part of the city, divorced and we were both successfully off the radar. However, my brother got so fed up with everything that he disassociated himself. My parents have not spoken to him in over 5 years and it kills him and my mother mostly. My dad just keeps with the same GB worship and forbids my mom from speaking to my brother. They still speak to me and the fact that I live in another state makes my life as easy as it could be in that regard. I know that if my dad were to pass first, that my mother would reinstate her relationship with my brother. My dad would give his life if the GB asked him to do so. My brother and I joke that if dad would have been an extreme Muslim, we would both be dead already! Anyway damn the GB and their lies!
  • clarity
    clarity

"Anyway damn the GB and their lies! "

My feelings exactly SoCal.

My daughter attacks me instead of addressing whatever I say! Drives me nuts .....so I understand what you are saying FloodGuy. I just can't be credible in her eyes, every word I say is translated into a negative in her mind! The stronger her shunning becomes the sadder & more depressed I become! How dare those ugly cult leaders take my own child away!!!!! Did they give birth to her? Did they raise her, go thru chicken pox, influenza and measles with her, or stay up all nite at the hospital with her! Oh I am so indignant over this I could go on forever!

Sorry about your father Butyoucanneverleave!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit