The latest info on Prince

by terafera 7 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

this was emailed to me[:

Let me provide you with some FACTS about Prince
    His full name is Roger Prince Nelson. He attends my Kingdom Hall with Brother Larry Graham
    You can look up Larry Graham's experience up in the index). He is not baptized. He just gave
    his first talk at our Kingdom Hall 2 months ago and his wife gave one couple of weeks ago. His
    wife was recently made an unbaptized publisher. They regularly attend the Sunday meeting
    and he will usually answer at least once.
    It is incredible the changes he has made. It is really encouraging to see someone like that and
    see the affect the "Truth" has on him. Take a listen to his latest CD "Rainbow Children". It is
    different music and everyone might not like that type of music but even the lyrics show he is
    learning much.

~~~~~~

This past Sunday (rainy and dreary) at our 3:30 p.m. meeting in Bowie, a group of 12-14
    individuals walked into the Bowie South Kingdom Hall. I turned briefly and saw lots of people
    with long hair and fashionable clothes, and made a mental note to be sure to say "hello" after
    the meeting to these "new ones" coming to the Hall for the first time.
    I noticed a little redheaded, freckled boy sitting in front of my daughter, Emmanuelle, and I
    said to her "doesn't that little boy look like Prince Harry, Princess Diana's son in England?" She
    sat up rigid in her seat and started to scribble on her notepad feverishly. The words she
    wrote were, "Don't say the word "Prince," because he is sitting right behind me."
    Confused, I turned my head to the right and there he was, "Prince," "The Artist Formerly
    Known As" or whatever he calls himself now. He was very interested in all of the Watchtower
    comments made by the little ones in the Hall, as I could see him lean forward to catch a
    glimpse of their faces as they would answer questions. One person sitting beside him raised
    his hand to answer a question, perhaps for the first time, and it was obvious that he was not
    used to giving comments at the meeting. After he gave his shaky response, Prince leaned over
    to him and asked, "Hey, what's the matter, Man, are you nervous or something?" Then one of
    our brothers raised his hand to read a scripture, but read the wrong one (nervousness) and
    the conductor made a joke about him having "good intentions" even though he was reading the
    wrong one, and Prince laughed out loud.
    Later, the conductor called on another brother "in the back row" and the brother took the
    microphone and gave his name as "Brother Graham." Yes, it was "One In A. Million" Larry
    Graham and his wife, who both gave lots of excellent comments throughout the meeting. It
    was great to hear them expressing their faith in Jehovah. A few minutes later, the conductor
    called on another brother in the back row, who quietly took the microphone and announced
    his name as "Brother Nelson" and he explained that it was bible truths that made him change
    his life, turn around and try to serve Jehovah. I didn't know Prince's real name is Prince
    Nelson.......After the meeting and song, a long, black, s-t-r-e-t-t-t-t-t-t-t--c-h limousine awaited
    the entourage as they shook hands with publishers. Larry Graham said to my husband Pete
    and me, "We serve a wonderful God. Look what He is doing with Prince. Jehovah draws all
    sorts of people to Him, and then it is up to those individuals to do the rest."
    The party of about 14 slipped into the limousine with one of our brothers (Bro. Craig
    Tracey) to go to the Warner Theater for Sunday's last show. It wasn't until that moment that
    the friends realized the Craig used to play guitar professionally in a band and his wife (Sis
    Jennifer Tracey) used to sing professionally. They had been so modest in our congregation,
    one would have never suspected that they had backstage passes to Prince's show the night
    before, and had received a call from Larry Graham looking for a Kingdom Hall in the area a
    week ago.
    It was a great evening where we were all discussing thorns in the flesh in the Watchtower
    study. I couldn't help but think about Prince's thorn (the death of his child, which led him to
    ask bible-based questions about death, the resurrection, etc.) If Prince could, I'm sure he would
    spend any amount necessary to bring back his child, but all the money in the world can't do
    that. Jehovah is the only answer for us all.

• avengers
    avengers
    Jehovah is the only answer for us all.

The answer to what?

• Francois
    Francois

Avengers:

Jehovah is the answer to the question: "why?"

And the answer is: "because!"

You know, if I went to a strange KH in a stretch limo, I'll bet the people in the KH wouldn't go bonkers and write such unctuous pap on a bb like that above, posting a topic like, "The latest on Francois." Would they do it about you, you reckon?

Francois

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

QUEENIE / PRINCESS LISA ride frequently in a streach lemo it is called a public bus !!! ha ha haaa ha !!!!

• Prisca
    Prisca

lol with Queenie

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Please! Please, someone, send Mr. Nelson some good apostate literature. I'm thinking C of C might be good. We -- and I'm thinking gloablly here -- don't need anyone with any reach/influence to be espousing WT Baloney. Well, we don't really need anyone to be serving up Watch Tower bullshit sandwitchs, but, least of all celebrities.

Aluminutty: quietly whistling "when dubs cry"

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Thanks for the info, keep posting! I just can't see Prince submitting to the WT on how to do almost everything in his life........only time will tell...........

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

"When Dubs cry"

LMAO!

That's a good one!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit