An inquiry about my cousin, Sharon

by Mulan 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

For those new ones who haven't read my cousin's story, I am posting the link here again. http://www.exjws.net/shunning/sharonkennedy.htm

Today, I received a very nice inquiry about Sharon, and whether this all was true. The woman who wrote me, is studying and really believes the JW's have "the truth", but Sharon's story bothered her. I wrote her and hopefully confirmed it all.

I am posting it again, now, in case other new ones also might be "bothered" by it, and ultimately benefit.

Sharon's son posts on this board as SEANKEN2001

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((((Mulan and family)))))))))))

• desertflower
    desertflower

Hi Mulan,
    Thanks for post the letter about Sharon again. I wrote to you after
    Sharon had died. Your letter about her had touch my heart. I had a
    sister that died of cancer. Iwas 2 yrs younger than she was. We
    were very close. I have a lot of wonderful memories of her and family
    So now I keep in touch with her 4 sons. They were never JW"S so
    they don't shunn us like the JW side of the family.
    Sharon's story sounds alot like our story. Going to NY. in 1958.
    One day I'll try and write more. Just trying to get use to posting.
    I hope you remember me I mailed you personally.
    BETTY

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have a feeling I would have liked Sharon an awful lot.

hugs

Joel

• COMF
    COMF

I remember the page you set up in her memory. I was moved by the love that bound your friendship.

Some for the glories of this world; and some
    Sigh for the prophet's paradise to come;
    Ah, take the cash, and let the credit go,
    Nor heed the rumble of a distant drum!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

What a sad story she told, Marilyn. She sounds like she was wonderful cousin and friend to have grown up with. Be happy that you had each other. Love and friendship as that is rare today.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Mulan,

A couple of years ago I read Sharon's story and I remember at the time finding it so significant that I printed it out. It's stayed in our files until this weekend when I decided to show it to Mrs Ozzie and suggested she read it. It was something Mrs Ozzie needed at the time for support, for that is what Sharon's story is, a story that could be re-told by so many others. To know there is someone else who has also suffereed in a similar way can be quite comforting.

You are so right in posting it again. I'm sure it WILL help others, so that Sharon's experience was not in vain.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit