Didn't you just love these cards?

by flower 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• flower
    flower

I was doing some more unpacking and came across a box of my old High School stuff. Did anyone else get cards like this for graduation? I didnt think anything of it at the time of course except I felt guilty as usual for not doing what it suggested but now it pisses me off. They claim theirs no pressure or controlling going on in the org but this came from a guy who was just a year older than me who should have had other things to do than give me 'counsel' on the only day we ever get to celebrate anything. For those who were born in the org and didnt have any celebration of holidays or anything else you know how it is, you wait for years to finally graduate so you can celebrate and have fun and of course get gifts and cards for the first time in your life. Then you end up getting cards like this and my big gift was my new Louis Vitton service bag of course. Just what I always wanted.

http://pub5.bravenet.com/photocenter/view.php?img=9381&usernum=384578056

flower

• flower
    flower

well i cant figure out how to get the image to post here, i think bravenet has that restricted, but heres the link. if you click 'view full size' then it gets bigger and you can read what was written. its good for a laugh anyway..if you dont get sick.

flower

• just_a_girl
    just_a_girl

Vomit. Pig vomit.

I can relate, flower. I got a few of these! And to think that I actually thought the end was near so I passed up the grants and scholarships I had received to go to college (1240 on the SATs - but that was just "worldly knowledge"). So naive.

You mean you didn't pray to get that service bag as your graduation gift?? LOL

• flower
    flower

just, yea i did the same thing. sure wish i could have been one of those rebellious youths that went to college anyway. life is impossible now thanks to those assholes.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I thought that was an unkind card Flower. The scriptures say not to say "I was only jesting" by saying "in your case its a miracle" wasn't nice in my opinion. I am hoping this is not to much for you going through you WT stuff. When I came out- it broke me up to read the notes & cards I got from those I loved- but I guess didn't really love me- else they would speak to me now

• flower
    flower

grace, the outside of the card said 'some call it graduating, some call it commencement' then the inside said 'in your case, lets call it a miracle'. this loser didnt know me at all since we never really talked and for all he knew i was a straight A student so the card he picked was stupid and inappropriate.

but i was actually commenting on what he 'wrote' in the card. heres what it said.

Congratulations XXXX, You've made it-finally its all over! And yes-were all very proud of you- but no nearly as proud as we all were when you got baptized the last assembly and joined the World Wide association of Jehovahs people. And now that your out of school, have more free time-why not "make sure of the more important things," by "exerting yourself vigorously' in Jehovahs work.

Yes, pioneering has many rewards and blessings. But none greater than the satisfaction and peace of mind that comes only from serving Jehovah whole-souled. So that you can say "I have truly rejoiced in my youth!"

Phil 1:10,Luk 13:24,Eccl 11:9
    with philia love,
    your christian bro,
    XXX

• mouthy
    mouthy

At this point I want to (((((((((HUG)))))))You.
    I know you will feel fine in a while- I felt like you when I came out- But honestly darling- I feel happier than I have ever been. although at this point in so much pain from my RA, but I have peace within.
    I understand that scripture so much clearer now- "the man I am outside is wasting away,but the manI am inside is being built up anew"( my not be exactly as it is stated, but thats how I feel of course "woman")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit