Legal Website AVVO's Headline " "Outrageously Wealthly Religious Leaders Under Investigation!"

by PokerPlayerPhil 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

http://nakedlaw.avvo.com/money/6-outrageously-wealthy-preachers-under-federal-investigation.html

If you don't know what Avvo is, it's a website run by professional lawyers on all subjects, you can ask them any question. I am looking for all the old Jim and Tammy Bakker, the Jerry Falwell and Oral Roberts videos to show you how the Governing Body is using their scripts, it's totally uncanny how copyright infringement of "begging for money from the poorest segments of society", their totally wicked! Jesus did not head around begging for money, people willing brought him money as well as the Apostles who said "We work with our hands", someone must have left that memo out of the Governing Body's data because they keep begging!

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/decemberweb-only/151-21.0.htmlFund Raising: Did Oral Roberts Go Too Far?

The television evangelist links receiving $8 million to the extension of his earthly life.
    Randy Frame/ DECEMBER 15, 2009

This article was originally published in the February 20, 1987, issue of Christianity Today.

Thoughts about heaven are not new to Oral Roberts. In 1975, the Tulsa evangelist told a chapel audience at Oral Roberts University (ORU) that he had asked God to take him, but God did not answer.

This time, according to Roberts, God is taking the initiative. Roberts has stated in a fund-raising appeal letter and on television that unless he raises a total of $8 million above regular ministry expenses by next month, he will die.

“I desperately need you to come into agreement with me concerning my life being extended beyond March,” states a fund-raising letter signed by Roberts.

“…God said, ‘I want you to use the ORU medical school to put My medical presence in the earth. I want you to get this going in one year or I will call you home!’” Roberts says he received this message last March.

The evangelist likens his situation to the apostle Paul who, in the New Testament Book of Philippians, spoke of his desire to “depart and be with Christ,” but also of his responsibility to “abide with you in the flesh.” According to Roberts’s letter, “when it looked like Paul would go on to heaven, his partners flooded him with the necessary money, each one giving to God’s servant out of their own need.”

A follow-up letter signed by Roberts’s son, Richard, affirms that without the money needed to send out missionary healing teams, “God will not extend Dad’s life.” Oral and Richard Roberts made similar statements on their weekly television program. A public outcry led several television stations to drop programs containing the controversial appeal.

Return to roots...."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I will check out the website, sounds interesting.
  • ron rawson
    ron rawson
    AVVO from the Italian word for lawyer "Avvocato"!
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

As it turned out, all the money was pledged, with some very wealthy diner making the big pledged that put it over the top. OR lived many more years! But he never got all of the big pledged, because of some falling out between them!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit